How much time do you spend in each single session when you play games?

X-COM: Interceptor (Windows)

3.2
Written by  :  Gene Davison (730)
Written on  :  May 05, 2001
read more reviews by Gene Davison

Summary

Not the best, but for fans and newcomers alike, it is an enjoyable addition to the X-Com series.

The Good

This game is a decent space flight simulation. It is the first X-Com game not to be a third person turn-based strategy game. The plot is a bit simpler than the first three but it is good to be fighting the Sectiod hierarchy once more. The interface is simple and the new campaign screen is a very Imperium Galactica/Masters Of Orion-eque looking but fun. The sound FX are very nice.

The Bad

The graphics are a bit dated for their times and the 3D support is flaky at best. It was a bit too short, beat it in the course of a week and that is saying something when X-Com: UFO Defence took me a summer, X-Com: Terror From The Deep took me around three seasons, and X-Com Apocalypse took me a good season and a half.

The Bottom Line

This game is a simpler less plot oriented addition to one of the greatest series in the history of PC gaming. It is the perfect point for a new comer to jump into the series if they cannot find the first two.