DescriptionYume Nikki (jap. Dream Diary) is an exploration-based game made with RPG Maker. The gameplay consists of exploring the dreams of a young girl, Madotsuki.
The game begins in Madotsuki's room, with little to do except for going to bed. Once Madotsuki goes to sleep, she ends up in her "dream world". It is made up of many areas connected with doors and teleporters, filled with surreal, unsettling imagery, strange landscapes and bizarre creatures, most of them completely harmless. The areas are quite diverse, and reaching some of them requires lots of searching.
The main objective of the game is to find and collect 24 "effects", objects which can be obtained by talking to the strange dream denizens. Each "effect" gives some ability, usually a purely cosmetic one - e.g. "long hair" turns Madotsuki's hair long, "towel" wraps her in a towel (and gives her the ability to sneeze cutely), and "knife" allows her to kill creatures.
Madotsuki can pinch her cheek at any time to wake up and go back to her room, where she can write an entry in her dream diary (a way to save the game) before going back to sleep.
There are no promo images for this game
- "ゆめにっき" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
|Proves that an interesting experience doesn't always require a budget.||Pixelspeech (1006)|
|GamerTell||Apr 22, 2009||85 out of 100||85|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Indie Games: The Weblog: Freeware Game Pick: Yume Nikki (Kikiyama) (A post about the game at indiegames.com. )
- KikiyamaHP (Official website (Japanese).)
- Madotsuki's Closet (A Yume Nikki fansite. )
- TVTropes.org: Yume Nikki (A description of the game, and a download link for the English version. )
- Uboachan (An imageboard dedicated to the game. )
- Wikipedia: Yume Nikki (A general article about the game in the open encyclopedia.)
- Yume Nikki Wiki (A collaborative knowledge base about the game. )