Wings Ad Blurbs
Cinemaware's WWI action/flight sim comes to Game Boy Advance.
In Wings, you'll relive the action, glory and seat-of-the-pants daring of a WWI Allied or German fighter pilot. Wings Advance includes a wide variety of missions, from strafing enemy convoys to bombing aerodromes. You'll also go head-to-head against opposing fliers in first-person dogfights.
Wings combines arcade-style action (the strafing missions take place in an isometric 3D perspective) with a first-person flight sim. Between missions, cinema scenes tell the story of the war as it progresses.
Wings is easy to pick up and pilot, and challenges players with over 100 increasingly difficult missions. You can fight through the entire Great War and build your pilot from a rookie to an ace.
You'll also be able to go head-to-head with up to four friends using the Game Boy Advance Link cable (sold separately).
Contributed by Xoleras (67063) on Apr 13, 2005.
Cinemaware Takes To the Air!
- Join up as a rookie pilot and track your career through rank promotions and commendations. - Fight your way through over 230 increasingly challenging missions. - Experience the triumph and tragedy of an entire squadron of 1916-1918. - Read a computer-generated diary of your wartime experiences. - Marvel at the revolutionary blend of 2D and 3D graphics.
Relive the glory, action and the seat-of-the-pants of a World War 1 allied fighter pilot! You'll strafe Hun armies, bomb enemy aerodromes and match wits against deadly Aces in heart-stopping dogfights, the loser going down in flames.... without a parachute!
More that just a simulator, Wings features genuine arcade action and an emotion-packed role-playing experience. Wings the easy to play air combat simulation you've been waiting for.... no complicated keyboard commands. Just fly and shoot!
Free Bonus! Included at no extra charge is a comprehensive history of air combat in WW1 containing over 40 rare photos.
Contributed by Martin Smith (66839) on Oct 23, 2004.
ONLY ONE PILOT CAN RULE THE SKIES
- Earn medals, commendations and skill points as you build your pilot into a fighting Ace.
- Two campaigns - full of drama and action!
- Three separate gameplay modes: strafing, bombing, and 3D dogfights.
- Read reports from the front lines and unlock authentic WWI memorabilia.
- Match wits with your friends in 4-player dogfights!
Strafe enemy targets
Dogfight with Axis aces in full 3D
Contributed by Corn Popper (69887) on Nov 17, 2003.
Take to the skies at the dawn of aviation in Europe's most brutal conflict! Relive the action, glory and daring of World War I through the eyes of a rookie pilot in the Allied or German forces. Soar to the top of your squadron as you fight through 220 missions over two separate campaigns. Strafe the front lines, bomb enemy bases and engage cunning Aces in thrilling first-person dogfights. Defend the free world as an Allied pilot or conquer it in the name of the Kaiser!
Help decide the fate of Europe!