DescriptionWord Games is a suite of single player games. The game developers are all French and this leads to some quirks in the games and the way they are named, for example 'The Hanged Man' instead of 'Hangman'. The games in this collection are:
- Anagram: A scrambled nine letter word is shown to the player together with its definition; the player must unscramble the word by dragging and dropping letters into their correct position.
- Crossed Words: This is a crossword game. Crosswords can be saved and/or printed.
- Crossed Words Editor: This is a crossword creator.
- Digged Words: The player is presented with a 4x4 grid of letters and must construct as many letters as possible from those supplied. One of the options with this game is that the player can choose whether of not they wish to re-use the letters in future words.
- Mysterious Words: This is a Mastermind variant. The player is given the first letter of a six letter word together with its definition and they must correctly identify the target word. Confusingly, putting the correct letter in the correct place is indicated by colouring that letter red on the next attempt whilst a good letter that is in the wrong place is coloured green.
- Replaced Words: This is another crossword game, however in this game the player is given a grid and all the solutions. The game starts with just one letter in the grid and the objective is to use logic to place all the words into the grid correctly.
- Set Words: This is a variation on Scrabble which uses a different grid to the commercial game and which allows abbreviations.
- Striked Words: This is a word search game. The player selects a difficulty level, a theme and, unusually, a language. They are then presented with a grid in which they must search for words.
- The Hanged Man: This is a Hangman variant. Here the player is given a nine letter word with the first and last letters already in place. They have thirty seconds to complete the word by dragging and dropping letters into the grid.
- The Longest Word: This is similar to the television game Countdown. The player selects nine letters one at a time by choosing either a consonant or a vowel. They then try to construct the longest word they can from their selection.
Anagram, The Longest Word, Hanged Man, Mysterious Words and Digged Words are played over three rounds against the computer, the highest score wins. All games are played with the mouse.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.