DescriptionWord Poker is an educational word game from the virtual pet website Neopets. The players takes a test under the watchful eye of Captain Roundhoof, who, tired of the local pirates' terrible spelling, came up with the game of Word Poker to encourage them to learn.
The game takes place over six rounds. The player is shown a pool of eight randomly chosen letters, and, under a 60-second time limit, must come up with as many words as possible that can be made out of the letters. This includes common English words, but also terms specific to the Neopets universe. Words must be at least three letters long. Once the round is over, the player must choose one of the six categories in which to score his set of words (each category may be chosen only once):
- 3 letters, 4 letters, 5+ letters - One point per each word with the right number of letters.
- Full House - 50 points if the player has 15 or more words
- Flush - 10 points per word for 2 or more words that start with the same letter
- Wild - a number of points for each word, depending on word length
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Word Poker (official website)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.