DescriptionAn alien entity known as Geegus threatens the Earth in the year 3091. As all of Earth's forces have been defeated, a scientist uses his recently-built time machine to find the greatest fighters of different eras to compete against Geegus.
World Heroes is a versus fighting game. It features a cast of characters from different countries and time periods, ranging from ninjas to a cybernetic super-soldier. The characters are based on real historical figures, but are endowed with supernatural powers. The player selects a character who then fights his way through standard one-on-one matches or takes on an opponent in a Deathmatch, where spiked walls and landmines add to the danger.
- "ワールドヒーローズ" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|GameFan Magazine||Neo Geo||Oct, 1992||91 out of 100||91|
|1UP!||Neo Geo||Sep 24, 2012||85 out of 100||85|
|Sinclair User||Arcade||Sep, 1992||81 out of 100||81|
|Video Games||SNES||Oct, 1993||71 out of 100||71|
|The Video Game Critic||Neo Geo||Apr 22, 2008||B-||67|
|Video Games||Neo Geo||Dec, 1993||61 out of 100||61|
|Video Games & Computer Entertainment||Genesis||Aug, 1994||6 out of 10||60|
|Defunct Games||Neo Geo||Dec 22, 2007||60 out of 100||60|
|Total! (Germany)||SNES||Dec, 1993||3.25 out of 6||55|
|Sega-16.com||Genesis||Jul 18, 2011||5 out of 10||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
ReferencesMost characters in the game are modeled after historical figures or famous people.
- Hanzo is based on Hattori Hanzo (1541-1596) , a feared Japanese ninja from the Tokugawa Era who was called "Devil Hanzo";
- Dragon is based on Bruce Lee (1940-1973), a famous Chinese martial artist;
- Janne is based upon Joan of Arc (1412-1431), a female French commander who was executed for being a heretic;
- J. Carn is based upon Genghis Kahn (11??-1227), leader of the Mongols and conquerer of Asia;
- Muscle Power is based upon Hulk Hogan (1953-), a very famous US wrestler, and a fifteen-time wrestling champion in various circuits;
- Rasputin is based upon Grigori Yefimovich Rasputin (1869-1916), also known as the Mad Monk, believed to be a psychic and a healer, who had a high influence over the Tsar Nicholas II and his family.
- Brocken, on the other hand, seems to be based upon a Nazi soldier from WWII Germany. His uniform resembles that of a high-ranking Nazi officer.
- It is not known if Fuuma is based upon a real ninja clan or if he was just made up for this game.