World War II: Prisoner of War Ad Blurbs
Идет Вторая мировая война. Лучшие ученые Гитлера работают над созданием смертоносного секретного оружия - и только вам по силам остановить их.
- Игра сочетает лучшие элементы нескольких жанров
- До мельчайших деталей воссозданы лагеря для военнопленных, среди которых "Шталаг-Люфт" (Stammlager Luftwaffe) и "Колдиц" (Colditz)
- Специально разработанный для игры искусственный интеллект (AI) помогает создать уникальный игровой мир, полный реальных опасностей
- Оригинальное озвучание с субтитрами на русском языке
Вы - капитан ВВС США Льюис Стоун. Во время выполнения очередного задания вы были сбиты немецкими войсками и попали в лагерь для военнопленных. Вам придется применить всю вашу смекалку, хитрость и даже прибегнуть к помощи собратьев по несчастью, чтобы обмануть многочисленную охрану и выбраться живым из этой передряги!
Contributed by Klaster_1 (57840) on Mar 18, 2011.
Prisoner of War: It's the Second World War, you are Captain Lewis Stone, an American Flight Officer and reconnaissance operative. Shot down by the enemy while investigating suspicious activity around prisoner of war camps, you must resume your mission from the inside and destroy the enemy's devastating new super-weapon despite imprisonment in Stalag Luft. The outcome of the war rests in your hands! Stealth and cunning are your only weapons as you escape captivity in an adventure that takes you into the heart of Colditz Castle itself.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (20241) on Sep 30, 2010.
"Gorgeous looking and supremely playable" Daily Radar
"Even now we can see the 3D engine is promising to make this puzzle powered adventure a visual corker." PC Gamer
"More tunnelling fun than your average Tom, Dick or Harry could stomach and definitely in line for Victoria Cross on release" PSM2
"Combining stealth, action strategy and simple controls with some astounding original ideas, PoW will set new standards for invention." P2
"Extremely edgy stuff" PlayStation World
"A title that promises to take stealth and strategy gameplay to its logical conclusion" Edge
"With huge areas to explore and hundreds of items to find, trade and use, clever German guards to outwit, Prisoner of War is already one of the most original games for years" ... "We could be looking at a massive hit" CVG
"This is ground breaking stuff" XBM News
“Steal cars, sabotage equipment and engineer mass escapes. Brilliant” PSM2
“The most unique game of 2002” PC Gameplay
Contributed by Xoleras (65963) on May 11, 2004.
- Adventure game where the player needs to escape from a range of prison camps, the last one being Colditz.
- Atmospheric - detailed, immersive WWII POW environments, including Colditz.
- POW features tension in its atmospher like no other game - challenging gameplay with high stake objectives.
- Find your way through the game - dynamic challenges with thousands of solutions.
- Compelling overall plotline - to succeed player will need to pose as a German guard, steal cars, sabotage equipment, engineer mass escapes, call in Allied air strikes.
- 5 levels set over 2 different camps. Camps alter from level to level (different areas are accessible, seasons alter etc).
Contributed by Xoleras (65963) on May 05, 2004.
Set in WWII the player takes the role of Captain Lewis Stone, an American flight officer, whose surveillance aircraft is shot down by the Germans while his is investigating suspicious activity around the prisoner of war camp Stalag Luft III. Whilst in this camp, Stone discuvoers that the German scientists are using the cover of ther pison system to develop a highly advanced technology based on the V2 rocket. On reporting his findings to the SOE, Stone is charged with the mission of discovering exactly what is going and putting a stop to it once and for all.
A new kind of escape adventure
Captain Lewis Stone, shot down over wartime Germany, you must fulfill your mission to destroy the enemy's devastating new super-weapon, despite imprisonment in Stalag Luft. Stealth and cunning are your only weapons as you escape captivity in an adventure that takes you into the heart of Colditz Castle itself.
Think your way to freedom as you embark on a World War II adventure with thousands of possible solutions.
Desperate edge-of-the-seat tension as you outsmart the enemy to slip through the cracks in security and implement your plan.
Peril lurks in every pair of eyes -- guards' artificial life technology makes capture a frightening reality.
Experience the terror of compellingly recreated Axis installations from Stalag Luft to the unbreachable Colditz Castle.
Employ intelligence, disguise, sabotage and even the assistance of your fellow prisoners in executing your plan.
Contributed by JPaterson (9103) on Feb 20, 2003.