This version differs from the previous in the following major areas:
- Minimum resolution increased to 1024x768.
- New scenery format with 5 times the number of elevation points.
- Auto-generated buildings.
- New aircraft format with new texture format and greatly increased flexibility in instruments. Vastly improved default instruments.
- Round world terrain model that eliminates the old distortions and errors.
- Major terrain upgrade: improved terrain accuracy for the US, land use data, all new terrain textures, roads, rivers, power lines, etc.
- Custom scenery folders.
Plug-ins enhance this simulator further by adding, for instance, real-time online flying, flight planning and control. The game can output data which can be fed to motion platforms, displays, navigation systems or home-built cockpits. It can also receive data from external sources such as RC-flight controls, Garmin GPS system, or your own flight model. Different angles of view can be output to up to 5 individual monitors (or streamed over the LAN/Internet).
Edit View History
Airfoil-Make, Plane-Maker, World-Maker, Weather-Briefer by
Art for Airfoil-Make, Plane-Maker, World-Maker, Weather-Briefer ad X-Plane by
Coordination of Airport and NAVAID data by
Coordination of Land-Use and River data by