Description007: Agent Under Fire is the first James Bond game to appear on the PlayStation 2, GameCube, and Xbox. The game casts the player as the legendary James Bond who must accomplish missions throughout different areas of the world. Bond is sent on a mission rescue Zoe Nightshade, a CIA agent in the hands of Nigel Bloch. Nigel Bloch is the CEO of Identicon, a section of a highly successful industry company known as Malprave industries. Bond is also tasked to retrieve the set of DNA samples that are in Identicon's hands. So James Bond sets off on another adventure...
The game combines three game modes into one package: first-person-shooter, which is what most of the missions are, a rail-shooter, where the player only controls firing, and a driving game, where the player drives one of the many Bond cars. Numerous weapons have been added to the series, along with some fictional weapons like the Photon cannon and the 5-way grenade launcher. The player can utilize a wide array of gadgets and weapons, like the Q-Claw, Q-Decoder, and Bond's trusty Walther handgun. There is a large variety of missions, and Bond can go through most missions with weapons, or take a stealthy approach. The player is also rated in each level, based on score and difficulty level, and can unlock new features for both single and multiplayer.
- "James Bond 007 in... Agent Under Fire" -- European cover spine title
- "James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire" -- Informal title
- "James Bond 007: Agente sotto fuoco" -- Italian title
- "James Bond 007: Agente en Fuego Cruzado " -- Spanish title
- "AUF" -- Informal/slang
- "007: Espion pour Cible" -- French title
- "007: Agent im Kreuzfeuer" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: id Tech 3 (Quake III)
- James Bond licensees
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
|In a word: Fun||Mullet of Death (603)|
|Consoles Plus||Jul, 2002||89 out of 100||89|
|GameZone||Apr 08, 2002||8.7 out of 10||87|
|IGN||Apr 05, 2002||7.6 out of 10||76|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Jun 17, 2002||14 out of 20||70|
|X-Power||Jul 04, 2002||7 out of 10||70|
|Gaming Target||Jul 01, 2002||7 out of 10||70|
|GamersMark||Mar 20, 2002||7 out of 10||70|
|GameSpot||Mar 28, 2002||6.8 out of 10||68|
|Game Critics||Jun 05, 2002||6.5 out of 10||65|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Jun 30, 2002||6 out of 10||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Hacking007 : Agent Under Fire has become a famous Xbox game, but not because of the gameplay itself. On 31st March 31 2003, a hacker called Habibi-Xbox used a buffer overflow in the game and became the first to hack into an unmodified Xbox. This was part of a $100,000 challenge funded by Lindows founder Michael Robertson.
James BondThe Agent Under Fire James Bond is a combination of elements from all five previous Bonds.
Additional information contributed by MegaMegaMan.
Related Web Sites
- Let's Play 007: Agent Under Fire (ThornBrain's playthrough of the game on the Let's Play Archive)
- Wikipedia: 007: Agent Under Fire (Information about 007: Agent Under Fire at Wikipedia)
- Xbox 007: Agent Under Fire (Xbox information page about the game.)
Senior Technical Director: