DescriptionBurnout 3: Takedown is a racing game which encourages aggressive driving and lets you use your vehicle to smash your way to the finish line by taking out your rivals and causing massive multi-car pileups. The more cars you take out, damage you inflict, the more events and cars you can unlock. Burnout 3 also has a "crash" mode which puts your vehicle at a variety of traffic junctions jam-packed with moving vehicles and pickups to see just how much monetary damage you can inflict.
Burnout 3: Takedown continues the racing series with more cars, more tracks, a more detailed crash engine, and a multitude of new gameplay modes for single players, multiple players on one system, and online play.
Some features include:
Crash Mode: In addition to this gameplay element introduced in Burnout 2, Pick-ups have been added. They are scattered throughout the intersections. Some pick-ups will halve, double or quadruple your score, cause massive explosions to cause even more damage, or increase your damage with monetary bonuses.
Sophisticated crash technology allows for high-speed crashes with extreme detail. Use your vehicle as a weapon and takedown rivals, using the new Aftertouch feature to control your vehicle after the moment of impact.
9 Race Modes including Single Race, Tournament, Lap Eliminator, Burning Lap and Road Rage.
Multiplayer Modes include Quick Line, Battle Race, Road Rage, and Party Crash, where 2-16 players participate in a pass-the-controller match-up.
7 Online Modes allow you to race online with up to 6 players. Battle through oncoming traffic in Crash Mode, Single Race, Road Rage, and more.
Over 70 Vehicles in 12 different classes including European exotics, American muscle cars, mid-size sedans, sports cars, compacts, buses and semi trucks.
Over 40 Tracks spanning 3 continents. Take on opponents across a broad range of environments, and experience dozens of traffic-filled crash junctions.
There are no Xbox user screenshots for this game.
There are 10 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
- "横冲直撞3" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
Part of the Following Groups
- Burnout series
- Graphics Engine: RenderWare
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Theme: Street racing
There are no reviews for the Xbox release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|AceGamez||2004||10 out of 10||100|
|Extreme Gamer||Nov 06, 2004||9.5 out of 10||95|
|Xbox Gazette||Dec 10, 2004||92 out of 100||92|
|The Next Level||Oct 11, 2004||90|
|Press Start Online||Nov 16, 2006||18 out of 20||90|
|4Players.de||Sep 18, 2004||90 out of 100||90|
|1UP||Sep 08, 2004||9 out of 10||90|
|Netjak||Sep 17, 2004||8.4 out of 10||84|
|Club Skill||Jan 10, 2005||8 out of 10||80|
|X-Power||Sep 23, 2004||8 out of 10||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Winter CityWinter City was very obviously modeled after the capital of Austria, Vienna. Even a model of the Stephansdom was used in the game.
- 2004 – Best Console Racing Game of the Year
- February 2006 (Issue #200) – #162 out of 200 on the "Greatest Games of Their Time" list
- 2004 – #8 Game of the Year
- 2004 – #4 Xbox Game of the Year
- 2004 – #5 PS2 Game of the Year
- 2004 – Xbox Racing Game of the Year
- 2004 – PS2 Racing Game of the Year
- Golden Joystick Awards
- 2004 - PS2 Game of the Year
- 2004 - Runner-up in the Online Game of the Year category
Related Web Sites
- Burnout 3: Takedown (Official Website)
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Wikipedia: Burnout 3: Takedown (Information about Burnout 3: Takedown at Wikipedia)
Head of Criterion Games: