A beat'em'up with characters taken from many Capcom and SNK games. The game system is centered around "grooves" which are selected before any battle. These different grooves alter the character's abilities to resemble different Capcom or SNK games. There are three grooves dedicated for each company, and even the option to define a custom groove.
The "EO" of the GameCube and Xbox titles refers to a new groove: Easy Operation. Instead of the normal inputs needed to do special and super moves, these moves are instead done automatically by tapping the right thumb-stick in specific directions. Only a small part of each character's moveset can be accessed this way, however, and if the player does not select EO then the game will play the same as the arcade and previous releases.
Playable characters come from the following games:
- Street Fighter (Ryu, Ken, Eagle, Sagat)
- Final Fight (Rolento)
- Street Fighter II (Guile, Chun-Li, Blanka, Dhalsim, E. Honda, Zangeif, M. Bison, Balrog, Vega)
- Final Fight 2 (Maki)
- Super Street Fighter II (Cammy)
- Super Street Fighter II Turbo (Akuma/Gouki)
- Street Fighter Alpha (Dan)
- Street Fighter Alpha 2 (Sakura, Shin Akuma/Gouki, Evil Ryu)
- Darkstalkers (Morrigan)
- Street Fighter III (Yun)
- Rival Schools (Kyosuke)
- Psycho Soldier (Athena)
- Fatal Fury (Terry, Joe, Raiden, Geese)
- Art of Fighting (Ryo, Yuri, King, Todoh)
- Fatal Fury 2 (Kim, Mai)
- Samurai Shodown (Haohmaru, Nakoruru)
- The King of Fighters '94 (Kyo, Benimaru, Chang&Choi, Rugal)
- The King of Fighters '95 (Iori)
- Fatal Fury 3 (Yamazaki)
- The King of Fighters '96 (Vice)
- The King of Fighters '97 (Orochi Iori)
- The Last Blade 2(Hibiki)
- Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves (Rock)
- "Capcom vs. SNK 2: Millionaire Fighting 2001" -- Japanese Dreamcast Title
- "Capcom vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium 2001" -- UK Playstation 2 title
- "Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO - Millionaire Fighting 2001" -- PAL Xbox/GameCube / Japanes GameCube Title
- "Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO" -- US Xbox/GameCube Title
- "カプコンバーサスエス・エヌ・ケイ 2 EO" -- Japanese GameCube spelling
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Xbox release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
There are currently no topics for this game.
The EO (Extreme Offense) edition of Capcom vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium
allows the player instant access to certain special moves using the second analog stick of the controller. Therefore, it's an easier edition for beginners to get into the series (although it can be turned off at any time for experienced players).
- 2001 – PS2 Fighting Game of the Year