Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon Ad Blurbs (Xbox)
UbiSoft brings Ang Lee's epic tale of honour, revenge and astonishingly graceful martial artistry to PS2
- Based on the blockbuster film, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- Use an array of incredible acrobatic and combat techniques
- Dialogue in Mandarin (with subtitles) adds to the authenticity and atmosphere
- Wield a variety of weapons (including the Green Destiny Sword), with unique special moves tailored to each
One of the highest grossing and most widely acclaimed world cinema releases of recent years, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon stunned the movie-going public with its elaborate stunts and mind-blowing fight sequences, set against a backdrop of 19th century China. If ever a film was screaming out to be made into a PlayStation 2 game, it was Crouching Tiger, a fact that didn't escape French publisher UbiSoft. Now you can take the destiny of three of the film's main protagonists (Mu Bai, Jen and Shu Lien) into your own hands as you embark on an epic quest to destroy the evil Jade Fox.
Developed by Genki, a studio that's no stranger to weapons based combat following its work on the excellent Bushido Blade on PS one (and, more recently, Sword of the Samurai on PS2), CTHD is a third person, combat-oriented action adventure. Each of the three playable characters has their own unique storyline that unfolds over five enormous and visually lush stages, as they battle to wreak revenge on Jade Fox, the cold hearted killer of Mu Bai's master and Shu Lien's fiancé. They also wield their own weapons (including the legendary Green Destiny Sword featured in the film), and have an assortment of individual special moves at their disposal. Suspend disbelief, and transcend space, gravity and the limitations of the human body as you lose yourself in this cinematic classic based on the ways of the Shaolin warriors.
Contributed by DreinIX (9394) on Apr 14, 2008.
- Key Features
- Fully Licensed: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is the only videogame featuring the characters, story and locations from the Academy Award-winning film.
- Woo-Ping Yuen-Inspired Choreography: Faithfully recreates the grace and style of Woo-Ping's fight choreography (action choreographer for Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, The Matrix, Kill Bill).
- Superhuman Martial Arts: Master all the whirling acrobatics, dizzying combos, impossible dodges and kung-fu fury from the film.
- Relive the Adventures: Embark on the personal quests of Li Mu Bai, Yu Shu Lien, Jen Yu and "Dark Cloud" Lo.
- Exclusive Moves: Each playable character has his/her own unique style of combat and special abilities for action-packed brawls, chases, and duels.
- Bonuses: Special stages, new game modes, extra costumes and other secrets to unlock.
Set in 19th-century China, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon(tm) is a martial arts fighting game based on the classic teachings and techniques of the Wudan style. Combining intense, dynamic combat with the ability to explore lush, interactive environments, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon transcends the laws of space, gravity and the human body to provide the ultimate martial arts experience.
Based on the Academy Award®-winning movie, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon gives players the option to play as Li Mu Bai, Yu Shu Lien, Jen Yu, and "Dark Cloud" Lo. Each character possesses specific moves, talents, and deadly weapons - players must conquer various challenges in order to improve their fighting skills as they compete against intelligent foes and seek revenge against the sinister Jade Fox.
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon offers a compelling gaming experience that effectively captures the martial arts magic that made the movie a worldwide success.
Contributed by Xoleras (65904) on Aug 12, 2005.
- Superhuman martial arts:
- Face your destiny: Vengeance, honor, and betrayal unfold as you embark on the quests of Li Mu Bai, Yu Shu Lien, Jen, and "Dark Cloud" Lo. Includes multiple endings based on your in-game performance!
- A fistful of bonuses: Unlock special videogame "Making Of" footage, an exclusive comic, bonus play modes and costumes, and other secrets.
Rediscover the Legend
Three years ago, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon became an instant martial arts classic, earning an Academy Award® for Best Foreign Film. Now, experience all the kung-fu fury from the martial arts masterpiece as you execute over 90 wu-xia moves inspired be renowned choreographer Yuen Wo-Ping. Green Destiny beckons you.
Contributed by Xoleras (65904) on Aug 12, 2005.Back of Case - Xbox (US):
Unleash the kung-fu fury of the oscar-winning smash hit
When warriors of legend vie to control the sword of destiny, prepare for the crusade of a lifetime.
Superhuman Martial Arts
Master all the whirling acrobatics, dizzying combos, and impossible dodges from the film.
Face Your Destiny
Vengeance, honor, and betrayal unfold as you embark on the quests of Li Mu Bai, Yu Shu Lien, Jen, and "Dark Cloud" Lo. Includes multiple ending based on your in-game performance!
A Fistful of Bonuses
Unlock bonus gameplay modes and costumes, exclusive comic book art, and behind-the-scenes footage from the making of the videogame.
Contributed by Sciere (424932) on Aug 11, 2005.