Tecmo’s esteemed development group Team Ninja has created the ultimate Dead or Alive fighting experience. Dead or Alive® Ultimate packages the original Saturn version of Dead or Alive™ with a completely redesigned Dead or Alive™ 2 for the Xbox video game system.
- Xbox Live compatibility: Dead or Alive Ultimate will be the world’s first fully online 3-D fighting game for home gaming consoles. By using the highly advanced online capabilities of Microsoft’s Xbox Live service, Dead or Alive Ultimate will feature a multitude of online features and play modes, creating the world’s largest online community of fighting game fans.
- “Ultimate” Dead or Alive: In 1997, the original Dead or Alive was released on the now classic SEGA Saturn, pushing its processing power to the absolute limits. The original Dead or Alive has long been considered one of the greatest masterpieces in the series, but it was never released in the North American Territory. Now, the graphics of the SEGA Saturn version, beautifully crafted by Tecmo’s Team Ninja to be the most advanced at that time, make their first appearance on the Xbox—perfectly rendered, of course.
- “Ultimate” Dead or Alive 2: Dead or Alive 2 is one of the most popular fighting games of all time, bringing in more than $2 million in sales since its inception in 2000. Now, it is ready to explode back onto the gaming scene as part of Dead or Alive Ultimate. Exquisitely redesigned on a brand new engine, it boasts amazing new interactive environments that are made possible by the incredible power of the Xbox. Gorgeous crystal-clear graphics, new fighting moves, and never-before-seen costumes are also combined to create the ultimate in fighting games.
- The truth behind Dead or Alive: The new Dead or Alive Ultimate features never-before-seen episodes from the characters’ pasts, revealing new details about each character. These new movies feature unbelievable graphics that will leave fans in awe. These movies will finally answer questions such as the reasons for Ayane’s birth and the meaning of the flower in Kasumi’s ending.
- New costumes: Dead or Alive Ultimate also features a plethora of brand-new costumes, from sexy patriotic garb for Tina to spins on some of the traditional costumes. After all, outfitting the Dead or Alive girls before their fight is half the fun!
- Exclusive bonus content and secrets revealed: Special bonus content and other secrets will be revealed closer to the time of launch, so stay tuned!
And, now—for the first time ever on any console—gamers can enjoy 3-D fighting online! Both games are Xbox Live-enabled, giving players the chance to test their fighting skills against a vast community of highly competitive gamers across the globe.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (15882) on Sep 09, 2010.
Dead or Alive Ultimate trägt seinen Titel zurecht: Erstmals in der Videospielgeschichte hat das Entwicklerteam ein Beat'em-Up-Doppelpack für Xbox geschnürt. Neben der Originalversion des legendären Fighting-Games Dead or Alive darf sich der Spieler auch an einer komplett überarbeiteten Fassung des Nachfolgers Dead or Alive 2 versuchen.
Contributed by Xoleras (66075) on Nov 06, 2005.
Dream On performed by Aerosmith
- Double disc set featuring the newly designed DOA2U and the original DOA1U
- Exclusive bonus content
- Limited Edition trading cards included
- New films revealing characters' history
- All new environments, costumes and fighting moves
- Play or watch through Xbox Live
Dead or Alive
"...Team Ninja stand ready to take the fighting game franchise into unchartered waters yet again." XBN
Heaven on earth is here. Experience the ultimate in fighting, online or offline, in Dead Or Alive Ultimate 1 and 2. DOA2U features 21 interactive worlds, the most mind-blowing DOA graphics to date, 7 modes of play, the irresistible ladies of DOA, plus the ability to play online with up to 8 people. And, re-live the game that started it all, the original Dead or Alive, now online. It's a whole new world...and it's all yours.
"...the most exciting fighting game of the year." GMR
"...lush visuals will surpass even those of DOA3." Electronic Gaming Monthly
Contributed by JPaterson (9117) on Feb 08, 2005.