DescriptionDreamfall is the sequel to The Longest Journey and is a third-person adventure game with a few action episodes.
The game begins in Casablanca, 2219. Zoë Castillo is about to get involved in a conspiracy that spans across two worlds: the one she grew up in, and a mysterious magical realm. There has been static interference that is disrupting technology, and it seems to be linked to a little girl seen only by Zoë. As Zoë begins her search for a lost friend, she discovers the truth about the two worlds and the search is now on for the one person who may help Zoë unravel the dangerous web she has become entangled in: April Ryan.
Dreamfall puts the player in control of three characters. It also introduces the focus field feature, which allows the player to scan an entire visible environment as seen by the characters and also use it to eavesdrop into other people's conversations. There are a few fighting sequences in the game, and a few instances where the player can choose to fight a character or opt to solve the confrontation in a peaceful way. The game spans 13 chapters; like April in the previous game, Zoë keeps a diary of all the events that occur in the game.
There are no Xbox screenshots for this game.
There are 50 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "梦陨: 最长的旅程" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "夢殞：無盡的旅程II" -- Taiwanese spelling
- "The Longest Journey: Static" -- Working title
- "The Longest Journey 2" -- Working title
- "Mengyun: Zui Chang de Lücheng" -- Chinese title
- "Drømmefall: Den lengste reisen" -- Norwegian title
- "Dreamfall: Бесконечное Путешествие" -- Russian spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: Shark 3D
- Protagonist: Female
- Technology: amBX
- The Longest Journey series
- Theme: Steampunk
There are no reviews for the Xbox release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
|GameSpy||Apr 21, 2006||100|
|GameLemon||Oct 28, 2006||9.6 out of 10||96|
|GameZone||Apr 24, 2006||9 out of 10||90|
|GamingExcellence||Aug 03, 2006||8.3 out of 10||83|
|Adventure Europe||Jun 14, 2006||81 out of 100||81|
|Hardcore Gamer Magazine||2006||4 out of 5||80|
|Game Informer Magazine||Jul, 2006||8 out of 10||80|
|XBox Front||Sep 18, 2006||77 out of 100||77|
|Games Radar||2006||7 out of 10||70|
|MAN!AC||Jul, 2006||66 out of 100||66|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Nooooooooooo where's the sequel?!?!?!?||5||Sicarius (61031)
Jul 01, 2008
666Curiously, four out of the seven *.CAB file archives located on the game CDs (2, 3, 4, and 5) are 666,000 kB large and the total size of all files on the first CD is also very close to that number.
1001 Video GamesThe Xbox version of Dreamfall: The Longest Journey appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
AzadiThe Azadi culture in the game is based on the real world Persian culture (today's Iran, Afghanistan, and Tajikistan). The word "Azadi" itself is a name of a tower in Tehran, the capital of Iran, which was built in 1971 and has since become the symbol of the city. Ironically, the Persian word azadi means "freedom", which doesn't exactly fit the fanatical nature of the Azadi in the game.
Damien's apartmentThe two Chinese characters which can be seen on the background during the cut-scene in Damien's apartment are 平和, which are pronounced heiwa in Japanese and mean "peace".
FuncomDreamfall is an anniversary game for Funcom, as it is the 25th game they developed.
Sexual referencesIntentional or otherwise, the two closed taverns that Zoë can see when she is first in Marcuria are "The Cock and the Puss" and "The Salty Seaman", which both have ambiguous sexual undertones.
- There are several references to Funcom's Anarchy Online series in the game. A copy of the Anarchy Online novel is visible in Zoë's apartment, and the music that plays on the first floor of Reza's apartment is also a track from the MMORPG.
- There are various Dreamfall and The Longest Journey boxes throughout the game. Such as in Reza's bathroom shelf, Zoë 's floor near the TV, behind the Merchant at the crossroads, as well as many other places.
TechnologyAlthough the game's minimum requirement on the box and "readme" file states that you need a GeForce FX 5700 or a ATi Radeon 9550 display card to run it, the game is playable on older cards such as GeForce 3 or Radeon 8500. In fact, it only uses pixel and vertex shaders version 1.1 not version 2.0 and beyond. However just like every shader model 1.1 powered game it won't work with GeForce 4 MX.
- 2006 – #3 Xbox Game of the Year
- 2006 – #8 PC Game of the Year
- 2006 – PC Adventure Game of the Year
- 2006 – PC Adventure Game of the Year (Gamers' Vote)
- 2006 – Xbox Adventure Game of the Year
- 2006 – Best Music of the Year (PC)
- 2006 – Best Story of the Year (PC)
- PC Powerplay (Germany)
- Issue 02/2007 – The Most Interactive Movie in 2006
Related Web Sites
- Dreamfall Hint File (Universal Hint System file viewable online or downloadable for use with the UHS Reader. Provides the solutions in question and answer format so you get only as much as you need.)
- Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (Official game website)
- Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (Official game website (Dutch, French, German and English))
- Jorgen Tharaldsen on Dreamfall (Funcom Product Director Jorgen Tharaldsen is interviewed by Adventure Europe about the game)
- Walkthroughs and Guides (GameFAQs files for the Xbox version.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.