DescriptionIn the game you take the role of Tanner, the undercover cop from previous Driver games, as he infiltrates a worldwide high-performance car theft ring.
Nothing is too dangerous or too risky for Tanner, and you'll be able to hop into any car, truck, or motorcycle and cruise the streets of three re-created cities with over 156 miles of roads, from Miami, Nice, and Istanbul in over 25 storyline missions. Meet up with characters from previous driver games, the story line lives on in this installment.
There are no Xbox user screenshots for this game.
There are 133 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "车手3" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Driver 3" -- Informal title
- "Cheshou 3" -- Chinese title
Part of the Following Groups
- Driver series
- Games made into comics
- Genre: Open world / Free-roaming / Sandbox action and driving
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Setting: City - Istanbul
- Setting: City - Miami
- Setting: City - Nice
|Candidate for worst game ever?||Ken0x (62)|
|1UP||Jun 21, 2004||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Gamesmania.de||Jun 28, 2004||70 out of 100||70|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Jun 21, 2004||13 out of 20||65|
|Kombo.com||Jun 30, 2004||6.5 out of 10||65|
|Game Chronicles||Jul 07, 2004||6.1 out of 10||61|
|Game Over Online||Jul 26, 2004||60 out of 100||60|
|Xbox Nation (XBN)||Aug, 2004||5 out of 10||50|
|DreamStation.cc||Aug 27, 2004||5 out of 10||50|
|GameSpy||Jun 23, 2004||40|
|Game Revolution||Jul, 2004||D+||33|
There are currently no topics for this game.
DevelopmentOnly a few weeks after selling the Driver franchise to Ubisoft, Nique Fajors, Atari's Sales and Marketing Vice President, mentioned during a press conference that the third game in the series is a half-baked product that was pushed out the door for revenue reasons.
- As revenge for Rockstar having a joke at the way Tanner is animated in Grand Theft Auto III Reflections Interactive decided to have hidden characters called Timmy Vermicelli after Tommy Vercetti from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, which you have to find and kill. To add even more insult Reflections gave the these characters inflatable armbands to take the mickey out of the fact that you drown if you go in the water in Vice City but in Driv3r you can swim. The Timmy Vermicellis even drown if you knock them in the water.
- The scene in which Carlita calls Gator after the sour deal is taken almost verbatim from a scene in Heat, where Robert De Niro's character calls a businessman who has just screwed him on a deal.
Voice actingMichael Madsen provides the voice for Tanner, an undercover cop. Madsen also voiced a character in Grand Theft Auto III, in which the main character has to kill an undercover cop named Tanner.
Information also contributed by MegaMegaMan and Sciere
Related Web Sites
- Driv3r (Publisher's game website)
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Wikipedia: Driv3r (Information about Driv3r at Wikipedia)