AdvertisingAt the end of the game there is a trailer for The Matrix Revolutions.
Extra footageThe game features two hours of footage not seen in any of the movies. It was shot especially for the game by the Wachowski Brothers and features the supporting cast from The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions. Carrie-Ann Moss also makes a brief appearance as Trinity although Keanu Reeves (Neo) and Laurence Fishburne (Morpheous) are both absent.
The footage was later included in The Ultimate Matrix Collection on the The Matrix Reloaded Revisited DVD.
SalesOn August 31, 2003 Enter the Matrix (PS2) won the Gold-Award from the German VUD (Verband der Unterhaltungssoftware Deutschland - Entertainment Software Association Germany) for selling more then 100,000 (but less then 200,000) units in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.
ScriptThe Wachowski brothers were so passionate about creating a genuine The Matrix atmosphere that they wrote a 244 page script just for the game.
The Matrix ReloadedThe game was released on the same day as the movie The Matrix Reloaded. Throughout this film, there are numerous billboards to be seen. These billboards contain cheat codes for the game.
Warner Bros. license systemThe poor reviews for Enter the Matrix inspired Warner Bros. to create a system where games with WB licenses that received less than a 70% rating on average out of all game reviews would require extra royalties. This was created in an effort to minimize bad movie-licensed games from Warner Bros. products.
- Computer Games Magazine
- March 2004 - #5 Worst Game of the Year 2003
- Computer Gaming World
- March 2004 (Issue #236) – Worst Use of a License of the Year
- 2003 – Biggest Disappointment of the Year (PC)
- Golden Joystick Awards
- 2003 - Runner-up to The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers in the "MTV Film Adaptation of the Year" category
- PC Powerplay (Germany)
- Issue 03/2005 - #7 Biggest Disappointment
- Issue 02/2006 - #4 Hype Disappointment
- Verband der Unterhaltungssoftware Deutschland (VUD)
- August 31, 2003 - Gold Award