Moby Poll: What kind of game collector are you?

Jade Empire (Xbox)

Written by  :  Melody (119)
Written on  :  Jan 28, 2007
Platform  :  Xbox

read more reviews by Melody

Summary

Sweet

The Good

Maybe the best part of the game are graphics and music. They fit each other so well. They graphics are really Chinese style. The music is not completely Chinese, but sounds very good.

The story is also very Chinese! Such a tale is typical for Chinese stories and movies. There is a big surprise in the middle of the game. But I could guess what this surprise will be! Because it is such a typically Chinese story. Generally, I liked the story.

I think the characters are very interesting. The princess is so beautiful! There are some parts of the story which are very touching. When people give their lives for you. Death's Hand is also a very interesting character. And there is a very beautiful story with the Water Dragon.

The story is not as simple as it looks in the beginning. Some things will happen that you will maybe not expect.

The gameplay is very simple, not so complicated. It's easy to remember your moves. There aren't so many things you should think of at the same time.

There is a very interesting "Good/Evil" system, so many times you should make different decisions that lead to different results. And there are many quests in the game.

"Jade Empire" has different endings. I love watching endings. They are very interesting and completely different. One of the endings is like Mao Zedong's time... if you know what I mean.

And there is a lot of humor! For example, how Black Whirlwind said: "When I was a child, I sucked my mom's breast, like all other men. I mean... like all other men suck THEIR OWN mothers' breasts".

The Bad

The battle system is very simple, but not very deep. There aren't so many choices in what you do during the fights.

My husband told me too many things about the game's story! So I guessed some of its surprises... or maybe I'm just too intelligent?

The Bottom Line

For people who don't understand Chinese culture and want a classic Chinese story, it's a very suitable game. I myself found the story a bit too typically Chinese. But the game is still very good and very fun to play.