Links, the best-selling golf franchise for the personal computer, has been rebuilt from the ground up exclusively for the Xbox video game system.
- The thrill of real competition. Take your golf swing online, using Xbox Live. Enter one of the most comprehensive online golf arenas ever created. Compete against the best players from all over the globe, track your stats, or simply play a social round of golf with friends — all from the comfort of your living room.
- Playing like the pros. Feel like a real pro, as you compete in tournaments broadcasted in remarkably realistic TV-style presentation.
- Tour of duty. Work your way up the professional ladder online or in the challenging Tour Mode. See who really is the best in the world. Crowded galleries of fans will cheer you on, as you compete for tournament purses and tour recognition.
- Championship courses . Play in some of the most luxurious and challenging golf courses in the world, including Greywolf (Canada), New South Wales (Australia) and the Four Seasons Resort Aviara (California).
- Detailed golf environments. Hit the sweet spot for a 300-yard drive and roll in a 20-foot putt for a birdie, while experiencing the dew-covered fairways and crosscut greens. Links 2004 is the ultimate golf experience. The top courses from around the world come to life with animated water, ocean surf, 3-D trees, divots, galleries of golf fans that react to your shots, and golf course wildlife including birds, ducks, squirrels and gophers. The lifelike courses feature sun-cast shadows that change depending on the time of day, birds that are spooked when a ball hits a tree, and ducks that will scatter when a ball hits the drink.
- Control over each and every shot. The Real-Time Swing feature gives you complete control over every shot. Advanced players have the opportunity to draw, fade, punch, chip or flop to win a hole. The left thumb stick acts as the club with ball physics factoring in speed, tempo, direction and course conditions in real time.
- The golfers. Play as golf superstar, such as Sergio Garcia, to perfect your game. Or, create a character with unique physical characteristics, skills and personality. Be aggressive and take risks or be conservative and lay up. Links 2004 has a personality to suit every type, and each character’s celebrations and audio commentary will match their personality.
Links 2004 delivers one of the most realistic and competitive golf experiences for Xbox. Golf fans worldwide can compete online in friendly matches with old golfing buddies or participate in tournaments against the best golfers in the world. Links 2004 features top championship courses and top professionals, including cover athlete Sergio Garcia.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (15011) on Jun 23, 2010.
Hazards include cross winds, water and global
ridicule when you miss your putt.
Links the best-selling PC
golf series of all time, is now on the tee with Xbox.
Everything you love about playing 18 has been beautifully re-created down to the
last ball dimple. TV commentators whisper about your every swing a you go for
the pin, but there's no whispering necessary on the Xbox Live service, where trash
talk flies farther than tee shots. Use XSN Sports on your PC to check your status
on the Worldwide Leaderboard. With over 10 modes of play and 8 famous courses
to choose from, you'll give Links a resounding golf clap.
Contributed by Mr Almond (2567) on Mar 31, 2008.