How much time do you spend in each single session when you play games?

Manhunt (Xbox)

3.0
Written by  :  Tiroloco (24)
Written on  :  Dec 01, 2008
Platform  :  Xbox
Rating  :  3.86 Stars3.86 Stars3.86 Stars3.86 Stars3.86 Stars

read more reviews by Tiroloco

Summary

You should have killed me when you have the opportunity.

The Good

This game manages to create an atmosphere of depravity and decadence that I never have seen before; I think it's a perfect combination of the stealth in the "Thief 3: Deadly Shadows" and the thrill of the "Silent Hill" series.

This is not a game for the light hearted, it has a lot of gore, violence, strong language, and fun. And hell yes, it's fun. A lot more than I first expected a priori.

This is the point: you are a scumbag, a dangerous one; in fact, you are the last scumbag they should have messed with, because you're going to give them hell for (oops, no spoilers). That's why they should have killed you when they had the opportunity, now it's too late.

The gameplay is fast and clean: just a few buttons are used: the tutorial is very simple and short: learn to hide and kill. The story is good! There is a reporter trying to disband the organization that has trapped you, so you both share common interests. All this could be very easy to be turned into a movie, but that's how Rockstar make their games, that's their seal of quality.

The Bad

Pretty much nothing, I liked it from the beginning to the end.

The Bottom Line

A very cinematographic adventure of depravity and sickness, with lots of blood and an unique atmosphere. For people without moral problems who can distinguish between game and reality.