MechAssault Ad Blurbs (Xbox)
Pilot the most powerful weapons available in the 31st century, a 40-foot tall walking tank known as a BattleMech. MechAssault is a 3rd-person action/shooter, where environments are not only fully destructible, they're your weapons. Choose from a dozen 'Mechs ranging from quick 30-tonners to huge 100-ton beasts. Configure your 'Mech and optimise it to crush your opponents. Challenge yourself with 20 single-player missions and get prepared for the ultimate multiplayer online experience.
- Massive Destruction on a whole new level:Every structure, bridge, tower, or bus is fully destructible. Blow away everything in the world bit by bit. Blast the side of a building to expose rebar, hanging insulation, and even enemy snipers. Use the environment against your foes. Running low on ammo? Just drop that 20-story building on the infantry and save the firepower for the big guys.
- Pilot one of a dozen devastating walking tanks: Gamers control the most awesome piece of military machinery ever created. Choose from a dozen unique and formidable BattleMechs each with enough firepower to level a city—literally!
- Online and Split-screen multiplay: Battle your friends or enemies over the internet! Taunt your competition or strategise with your teammate with full voice communication. MechAssault will ship with complete Xbox online capability and split screen multiplay.
- Upgrade your 'Mech mid-mission: Pre-mission BattleMech configuration and weapon upgrades within a mission allows players to customise the 'Mech chassis to suit style or mood. Swap out weapons,outfit your 'Mech with Jump Jets, or maximise your armour - the choice is yours.
- Amazing special effects: Intense, jaw-dropping weapon and damage effects all but demand that the player fire a weapon just to see the effect on the environment. Lasers light up the sky, Particle Projection Cannons electrocute opponents, and magnetically accelerated slugs from the Gauss Rifle are a sight to behold.
- Dynamic mission-based gameplay: Gamers will be given their military objectives by operatives on the ground and must figure out the best way to accomplish them. The fun starts once you hit the ground running as unexpected events turn routine missions into chaotic all-out frag fests.
- Epic BattleTech storyline: Engaging heroic characters and stories draw upon the rich 15 year BattleTech history. Play as a member of the fierce WolfDragoon mercenaries and lay the smack down on some poor unsuspecting pirates.
- Cinematic storytelling: A mission-based storyline punctuated with cinematic scenes provide key information and clues, as well as heighten the drama and importance of the events.
- Awesome audio: Extensive voice messaging and themed interactive music changes to reflect and drive the pace of the current in-game situation; and audio that reflects the current and constantly changing state of the world are all featured. The experience is heightened using Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (21445) on Sep 23, 2010.
Captain! Blow those "Word of Blake" fanatics off this planet! You and your team are going in hard, fast, and first. That scum will soon fear Wolf's Dragoon's and your stable of deadly BattleMech's. The tactics are up to you, but don't hesitate to crush them in the rubble of their own buildings.
Dominate your opponents with the most devastatingly lethal war machines ever conceived; BattleMechs.
Buildings, cities and enemies explode at the twitch of your finger, bringing new meaning to the words: "mass destruction".
Battle your way through the campaign mode or take on up to 7 of your friends in multiplayer.
The best of the best from around the world will play MechAssault on "XBox Live." Are you ready?
Contributed by JPaterson (9101) on Nov 18, 2002.