Spotlight: Get up to 90% off at GOG's big fall sale on over 700 DRM-free games!

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance (Xbox)

3.2
Written by  :  Jim Fun (222)
Written on  :  May 10, 2003
Platform  :  Xbox
Rating  :  2.83 Stars2.83 Stars2.83 Stars2.83 Stars2.83 Stars

read more reviews by Jim Fun

Summary

Blood. Gore. Brains. Hearts. People Blowing up. Utterly idiotic.

The Good

First of all I'd like to make it sure you guys understand i'm not a (person with no life who thinks blood is gross), i simply think it's utterly stupid.

This game is stunning from all areas, the graphics, the detail, the sheer excellency in technology, this game has the perfect visual detail, the areas are great, gameplay is a great improvement that shows why Midway decided to move their idiotic crap into 3D and also amazing sound.

The Bad

Everything, the game has a perfect everything, yes, but the stupid concept of punching your opponent to see buckets of blood fall to the floor remains a little strange to me. What exactly is the fun of seeing fatalities called "Open heart surgery", "Brain Ripper", and "Skeleton rip" which literally mean what they sound like? I saw a T rating on MK 4 and a T on "Escape From Monkey Island", I went crazy, since when do a few obscene words, and kinda gross humor rate T when ripping brains apart, and opening hearts also gets a T, oh please.

The Bottom Line

In the end it's clear that whoever plays MK: DA either is dying to see a graphic-wise fabulous game or they just feel it's nice to watch buckets of blood pouring to the floor. No offense to people like that, but i will never understand you.

The Game: 0/10 The graphics/sound: 9/10