DescriptionNeed For Speed: Underground is the seventh game in the long running Need For Speed racing series.
The game revolves around illegal night time street racing with heavily modified import cars and has been greatly influenced by the movie the Fast And The Furious and its sequel. Players get the chance to build their own racing machine almost from the ground up, with hundreds or real licensed parts and lots of licensed cars, including the Mazda RX-7 and the Nissan Skyline GT-R. The game also features over 100 single player races and a hip hop/hard rock soundtrack including artists such as Mystikal, Rob Zombie, and the Crystal Method.
There are no Xbox user screenshots for this game.
There are 102 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "极品飞车：地下车会" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "NFSU1" -- Common abbreviation
- "Jipin Feiche: Dixia Chehui" -- Chinese title
Part of the Following Groups
- Automobile: Ford Focus
- Automobile: Honda Civic
- Automobile: Honda Integra
- Automobile: Honda S2000
- Automobile: Mazda MX-5
- Automobile: Mazda RX-7
- Automobile: Mitsubishi Eclipse
- Automobile: Mitsubishi Lancer
- Automobile: Nissan 350Z
- Automobile: Nissan Skyline
- Automobile: Peugeot 206
- Automobile: Subaru Impreza
- Automobile: Toyota Celica
- Automobile: Volkswagen Golf
- Need for Speed series
- NFS Underground series
- Nintendo Player's Choice releases
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Technology: amBX
- Theme: Street racing
There are no reviews for the Xbox release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|GameSpy||Nov 20, 2003||90|
|GamePro (US)||Nov 18, 2003||4.5 out of 5||90|
|Game Freaks 365||2003||8.8 out of 10||88|
|Gamesmania.de||Nov 28, 2003||84 out of 100||84|
|TeamXbox||Nov 26, 2003||8.3 out of 10||83|
|Next Level Gaming||Nov 30, 2003||81 out of 100||81|
|X-Power||Nov 21, 2003||8 out of 10||80|
|GameSpot||Nov 17, 2003||7.9 out of 10||79|
|The Video Game Critic||Feb 22, 2005||B||75|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Nov 26, 2003||14 out of 20||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
MultiplayerEA astonished the entire gaming world by supporting online gameplay in the Windows version of Need for Speed UndergroundNFSU, but leaving out LAN play. Often, games only get LAN play because developers don't want to deal with latency issues and different networks. EA on the other hand, developed a "Cross Platform Online Gaming" feature, which allows gamers to compete online on different platforms (e.g. PS2 vs PC), but there's a catch: no LAN play on PC. This means that players have go through an external network connection just to join a server sitting right next to them.
Soon after the game's release,a tool making LAN play possible appeared on various fansites. It also features an option to play over the Internet without using EA's server.
Server shutdownAs of 13th January 2006, The EA servers for the game are no longer in service. Of course this does not effect peer-to-peer games. The PS2 servers were closed on 1st November 2007.
- 2003 – Best PC Racing Game of the Year
- Computer Gaming World
- March 2004 (Issue #236) – Racing Game of the Year
- GameStar (Germany)
- February 13, 2004 - Best PC Sports Game in 2003 (Readers' Vote)
- PC Games (Germany)
- Issue 02/2004– Best Sports/Racing Game in 2003 (Readers' Vote)
- 2003 - WTF!? Award (more details in "Multiplayer" section)
Related Web Sites
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- NFSGarage (NFS Fan Site.)
- Official Site - EA Games (Features, Screenshots, Demo, Buy)
- Wikipedia: Need for Speed: Underground (Information about Need for Speed: Underground at Wikipedia)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.