Two players can work together to combat the creatures of the night, while playing on the same screen. As characters fight through the levels, they gain knowledge and skill, giving them heightened power. The player is constantly engaged—either by the more than 30 spells, the four bosses, or the nearly 40 enemies—and points are awarded for style as well as skill.
- The unique dual-analog control system allows players to simultaneously maneuver their characters in one direction, while accurately aiming spells in another.
- Over-the-top spells utilize every graphical advantage of the Xbox video game system for maximum visual impact and ferocity. More than 32 spells are available from the four elementally opposed schools of magic: Fire, Water, Dark, and Light.
- Players can choose to embark on their adventure as Madelyn, the warrior, or Arran, her husband and the hero of Nightcaster I.
- Earn style rewards by combining spell and melee skills to defeat your enemies in interesting and creative ways.
- Battle more than 35 types of goblins, trolls, dragons, and other enemies, all with their own characteristics and attacks.
- Multiplayer mode allows two gamers to work cooperatively on the same screen and intensifies game play with new items and areas to discover.
- Lush environments with dynamic lighting, spectacular highlighting, and bump mapping bring the Nightcaster II world to life.
- Interactive music score dynamically changes tempo and intensity, based on events in the world.
Contributed by Xoleras (66241) on Jan 12, 2005.
Featuring multi-directional spell casting combined with intense melee combat, Nightcaster II offers an exhilarating and captivating game play experience.