DescriptionPirates of the Caribbean is a role-playing game in which the player takes the role of a pirate who has to grow in skill by fighting, trading and solving quests. The player can buy and upgrade a ship, sign-up a crew, and try to rule the seas of the Caribbean.
There are no Xbox screenshots for this game.
There are 10 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "海狗II" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Пираты Карибского моря" -- Russian spelling
- "Sea Dogs 2" -- Working title
- "Pirates des Caraïbes" -- French title
- "Piratas do Caribe" -- Brazilian title
- "Piratas del Caribe" -- Spanish title
- "Piraci z Karaibow" -- Polish title
- "Hai Gou II" -- Chinese title
- "Fluch der Karibik" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: STORM 2
- Covermount: Fullgames
- Inspiration: Movies
- Merchant / Trade-oriented games
- Pirates of the Caribbean licensees
- Sea Dogs games
- Technology: amBX
- Theme: Sea Pirates
- Walt Disney games
|In two words...F***ing fantastic!||M.Allen (76)|
|My Xbox is being attacked by Pirates!||MasterMegid (897)|
The Press Says
|Digital Press - Classic Video Games||Dec 10, 2003||9 out of 10||90|
|GamePro (US)||Jul 03, 2003||4 out of 5||80|
|Game Informer Magazine||Aug, 2003||7.75 out of 10||78|
|GameSpot||Jul 01, 2003||7.6 out of 10||76|
|Game industry News (GiN)||2003||70|
|X-Power||Sep 26, 2003||7 out of 10||70|
|Next Level Gaming||Jul 28, 2003||68 out of 100||68|
|Super Play||Aug, 2003||6 out of 10||60|
|Game Revolution||Aug, 2003||C-||42|
|GameSpy||Jul 12, 2003||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThe game was called Sea Dogs 2 up till just a couple months prior to release. Then they changed the name to Pirates to the Caribbean to profit from the popularity of the Disney movie.
However, the game hasn't changed a bit because of this and the game actually has nothing to do with the story or characters from the film, with the exception to the voice over which is one of the actors from the film.