DescriptionRace Driver adds a storyline and career structure to the Codemasters touring car racing lineage. You are Ryan McKane, son of a fatally crashed racer and younger brother of a very successful racer. Guide Ryan to the top of closed-wheel racing.
A wide roster of championships and cars are featured. You can race a Mercedes DTM silhouette car, a BTCC Peugeot, Australia's V8 Supercars, and more. Realistic circuits are included, although many have to be unlocked. The physics engine as realistic, and multiple camera angles are on offer.
The Director's Cut release has extra tracks and some of the championships are updated.
There are no Xbox user screenshots for this game.
There are 19 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "V8 SuperCar Race Driver" -- Australian title
- "ToCA Race Driver" -- French Windows Title
- "ToCA Race Driver" -- UK title
- "DTM Race Driver" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
- Automobile: AC Cobra
- Automobile: Audi TT
- Automobile: Chevrolet Corvette
- Automobile: Dodge Charger
- Automobile: Dodge Viper
- Automobile: Lotus Elise
- Automobile: Mitsubishi Lancer
- Automobile: Nissan Skyline
- Automobile: Opel Astra
- Automobile: Subaru Impreza
- Automobile: Toyota GT-One
- Automobile: Toyota Supra
- PC Gamer Presents Games
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- TOCA Racing games
- Touring Car Racing games
There are no reviews for this game.
|IGN||Mar 24, 2003||8.9 out of 10||89|
|4Players.de||Mar 22, 2003||86 out of 100||86|
|Worth Playing||May 11, 2003||8.1 out of 10||81|
|X-Power||May 03, 2003||8 out of 10||80|
|GameSpy||Apr 14, 2003||80|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Mar 18, 2003||15 out of 20||75|
|Games TM||Mar, 2003||6 out of 10||60|
|Extreme Gamer||Jun 02, 2003||5 out of 10||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- 2002 – #10 Best PS2 Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- Official Site - Codemasters (Game info, News, Reviews, Characters, Downloads, Screenshots, Tracks, Cars, Forum, Links)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.