The Punisher Ad Blurbs (Xbox)
Terrorise criminals using their own ruthless methods in The Punisher™. Experience the bullet-driven action of one of Marvel's darkest comic books as you play judge, jury, and executioner in a world ruled by corruption. Driven by a hatred of crime that borders on insanity, Frank Castle is now The Punisher, a lone vigilante whose mission goes far beyond revenge. Taking on the city’s high-powered crime lords, he wreaks havoc on the corrupt with methods normally reserved for those on the wrong side of the law.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (22332) on Jun 21, 2010.
Marvel's famous comic book anti-hero shoots first, asks questions later, and then shoots
- Interrogate suspects using a combination of direct physical force and interactive
- Collect and upgrade weapons to make Frank virtually unstoppable
- Use the unique Punisher War Journal to relive in-game moments, collect items from
Marvel's Punisher history and unlock bonus footage
a bit more on PS2, thanks to the vigilantes at THQ.
Continuing its mission to commit every comic book character ever created to celluloid,
Hollywood brings Marvel's anti-hero Frank Castle, AKA The Punisher, to the big screen. Not
only that, but the shadowy world of ex-undercover FBI agent Castle has also been brought
to vivid, and often violent, life by THQ.
Originally introduced in Marvel's The Amazing Spider-Man comics, The Punisher went on to
run for 30 years, providing some of the darkest and grittiest adventures to come out of
the venerable publisher's stables. Telling the story of an ex-FBI agent, hell-bent on vengeance
after the slaughter of his family at the hands of underworld crime lords, The Punisher is a
tale of justice and revenge.
Entering the role of Frank as judge, jury and executioner, you'll set about seeking justice,
the hands-on way. Rather than simply a run-and-gun escapade, The Punisher encourages
you to search for likely candidates from the mob to interrogate and 'punish'. And when we
say punish, we do mean punish. Get your grim leather-clad mitts on a bad dude, and there
are a variety of ways in which you can extract useful information from the squirming
offender, using some delightfully sadistic means.
The environments you'll find yourself in provide a wealth of material for you to go to work
with. Dunk your hapless victim's head in ice-cold water, beat them with metal bars strewn
around the place, smash-up furniture and threaten to do the same to them - whatever. The
highly interactive environments allow you to dispense your own brand of rough justice on
the mob's goons in a pleasing variety of ways.
There are times when you'll forego the combination of interrogation and physical force in
favour of a spot of gun-touting tomfoolery, with Castle sporting a veritable armoury of
heavy weaponry. Collect and upgrade as you progress, and clean-up those mean streets
in double-quick time.
Contributed by DreinIX (9499) on Mar 28, 2008.
Frank Castle’s life changed the day his family was murdered. A part of his soul died, too. What was left dedicated the rest of his life to revenge upon the criminal scum of the world. He was reborn as…The Punisher!
- Become The Punisher, the Marvel vigilante and ultimate anti-hero, in a non-stop action experience.
- Embrace the Punisher’s tactics by interrogating criminals! Will you break them and gain information?
- Interactive Environments! Unique ‘hotspots’ create dozens of environment-specific kills and interrogations that create interactive, cinematic ‘Punisher Moments’!
- Over 101 unique deaths await those that stand in the Punisher’s way.
- Punisher Armory! Use an upgradeable assortment of guns and weapons to wage an onslaught of two-fisted firepower.
- Original story from acclaimed Punisher writers Garth Ennis and Jimmy Palmiotti
- ‘Best of Everything Punisher’ combines over 30 years of Punisher history, including his greatest enemies and allies!
Is he a hero? An obsessive madman? His methods are harsh and brutal, striking fear into the darkest hearts of the criminal underworld as he delivers vigilante justice to every thug he can lay his hands on.
The Punisher walks through a world we all know, a world darkened by war, crime, cruelty, and injustice. He has no superpowers – only his fierce intelligence, years of combat experience, and an iron determination to avenge the wronged. Where justice ends, Punishment begins!
Now you can get inside the head of the Punisher
Contributed by Jeanne (76618) on Mar 27, 2005.