Can't remember the name of a game you're looking for? Try our Find a Game forum!

Shadow Ops: Red Mercury (Xbox)

Written by  :  Strangemodule (12)
Written on  :  Jul 12, 2005
Platform  :  Xbox
Rating  :  2.43 Stars2.43 Stars2.43 Stars2.43 Stars2.43 Stars

read more reviews by Strangemodule

Summary

High quality, my butt!!!

The Good

This game, developed by Zombie Inc. (I don't know them, either), has all the atmosphere a game should have on a high budget. Live orchestra, ragdoll physics, and great cutscenes make it a game that feels like a movie, but....

The Bad

That's the problem, it's too much like a movie. The game is more focused on atmosphere instead of gameplay. All you do is shoot bad guys (very dim bad guys) and find medkits (too little, since all the bad guys can take your health to 0 in five shots). The levels require you to take cover, ALOT. And let's not forget the story. There's a WMD out there (you should've guessed by the game's cover) and the story just gets tired too quickly. Even multiplayer is a drag. While this game has both splitscreen and online play, the modes (deathmatch and capture the flag again!) and overall experience just feel monotonous and boring. Ouch.

The Bottom Line

Do yourself a favor, and forget this game ever existed. Pick up Halo 2, Timesplitters: Future Perfect (I review this) or Project: Snowblind (also reviewed this) and you'll thank me.