DescriptionSid Meier returns to his roots with this remake of Sid Meier's Pirates!, his 1987 game about sailing the high seas in search of treasure. As in the original, you will plunder cities, sink enemy ships, and more. A plethora of different styles of gameplay will have you sneaking out of prison, dancing with the governor's daughter, engaging in real-time strategic combat, and a slew of others.
Sid Meier's Pirates! features a new 3D engine, but its style of stringing several minigames together to make a congruent game remains true to the original.
- "大海盜" -- Taiwan spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Enhanced remakes
- Feral Legends label
- Games with nobility titles
- Game with Creator's name
- Merchant / Trade-oriented games
- Middleware: Gamebryo/Lightspeed/NetImmerse
- Pirates! series
- Sid Meier's games
- Theme: Sea Pirates
There are no reviews for the Xbox release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
|Digital Press - Classic Video Games||Sep 18, 2005||9 out of 10||90|
|Gamesmania||Aug 15, 2005||86 out of 100||86|
|GameSpot||Jul 11, 2005||8.6 out of 10||86|
|Jolt (UK)||Jul 26, 2005||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Netjak||Sep 05, 2005||8.3 out of 10||83|
|MAN!AC||Jul 01, 2005||81 out of 100||81|
|Game Informer Magazine||Aug, 2005||7.75 out of 10||78|
|XBox Front||Aug 07, 2005||78 out of 100||78|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Jul 26, 2005||12 out of 20||60|
|Digital Press - Classic Video Games||Mar 19, 2006||4 out of 10||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
SoundSome sound-effects/video in Sid Meier's Pirates were re-used from previous Civilization games., One example includes when your character swings on a rope aboard a ship. The yell he makes is actually the yell an Archer makes in Civ III when he gets promoted. Another example is one of the ballroom dancing pieces that's played. It happens to also be a track used in Civilization III: Conquests.
- Computer Games Magazine
- March 2005 - #2 Game of the Year
- Computer Gaming World
- March 2005 (Issue #249) – Arcade Classic of the Year
- 2004 – #10 PC Game of the Year
- 2004 - Old Skool Award (PC)
Related Web Sites
- Addicted to Pirates! (A fansite containing various information about Sid Meier's Pirates!)
- Hooked on Pirates! (A fansite containing many mods for Sid Meier's Pirates!)
- Official Webpage (Mac) (The official product page for the Mac version of Pirates! on the publisher's website, which provides trailers, an overview of the various ships and skills within the game itself, desktop wallpapers, and purchasing information, among other such details.)
- Plunder the High Seas in Sid Meier's Pirates! (An Apple Games article about the Mac version of Sid Meier's Pirates!, with commentary provided by Executive Producer Barry Caudill (October, 2008).)
- Sid Meier's Pirates! (Official website)
- Sid Meier's Pirates! (Firaxis' Official Site)