DescriptionBased on the sequel to the popular 2002 movie of the same name, Spider-Man 2 once again places the player in the web-slinger's tights as he goes up against Dr. Octopus in this 3D adventure game.
Unlike the first game, however, the sequel is much more open-ended (à la Grand Theft Auto: Vice City), allowing Spider-Man free reign to explore New York City and performing everyday heroics; stopping muggers, bank robberies and car-jackers to more mundane pursuits such as delivering pizzas and snapping photos for the Daily Bugle.
However, the action becomes even more intense as not only does Spidey have to keep the streets safe in general for the citizens of Manhattan, he also has to face up against such super villains as Rhino, Shocker, Mysterio and Calypso, as well as a few entanglements with the Black Cat along the way to square off against Dr. Octopus and save New York in the process!
- "蜘蛛侠2" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
Part of the Following Groups
- Inspiration: Movies
- Marvel licensees
- Middleware: NGL
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Spider-Man licensees
|Great, but don't expect an action packed game||AL Bastard (2)||unrated|
The Press Says
|GameZone||Jul 14, 2004||9 out of 10||90|
|DreamStation.cc||Sep 12, 2004||9 out of 10||90|
|GamePro (US)||Jun 29, 2004||4.5 out of 5||90|
|4Players.de||Jul 17, 2004||84 out of 100||84|
|GameSpy||Jun 29, 2004||80|
|XBox Front||Jan 17, 2005||80 out of 100||80|
|ActionTrip||Jul 23, 2004||79 out of 100||79|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Jul 06, 2004||14 out of 20||70|
|Video Game Talk||Aug 03, 2004||70|
|G4 TV: X-Play||Mar 29, 2006||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesSpider-Man 2 appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Concept ArtOn the walls of the comic book shops are screencaps from the game and concept art of Spider-Man villains like Kraven the Hunter and The Lizard.
Game WorldThe game includes a totally realistic 3D representation of New York City, with all places accessible. The only way to get to the Statue of Liberty (after the battle with Mysterio) is to hitch a ride on the helicopter patrolling the water. The geography also includes Ground Zero where the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center used to be. Wait for night and two columns of light can be seen where they were.
Kirsten DunstAccording to Ireland On-Line, Kirsten Dunst was initially unhappy with her avatar: "I got to approve the video game, the way she looks. They made her boobs gigantic. I was like, 'Tone down the boobs, please!' It was a little ridiculous."
PedestriansEvery so often, you may hear a pedestrian mutter "Luckily no one suspects my secret identity". Occasionally during an armored car robbery, one of the security guards who is tied up will utter: "If I could just reach... my utility belt". Both are of course references to superheroes and secret identities.
- On one of the upper levels of the Empire State Building, you can find the Vulture's feathers.
- Occasionally, an enemy will say "Look out! Here comes the Spider-Man!" That line is a lyric from the '60s Spider-Man theme song.
- Mysterio's line in the theater, "You have no chance to survive, make your time!", is a deliberate error and was originally said in the Genesis game Zero Wing.
SalesBest selling video game of June 2004.
- Golden Joystick Awards
- 2004 - Runner-up to Burnout 3: Takedown for PS2 Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- Spider-Man 2 Featured Guide (A complete walkthrough for the game, including a list of all upgrades and awards.
- Spider-Man 2: The Game (The official site from Activision.)