DescriptionYou play the role of Torque, a death row inmate with an ambiguous past who has been imprisoned for slaying his ex-wife and children. Shortly after being interred in a new prison on Carnate Island, an earthquake appears to release demonic creatures based on the many modes of execution used in the sordid history of the island. These creatures proceed to eliminate much of the prison population, leaving only you and a scant few other inmates and guards to eliminate the horde and find out what has happened.
- "劫难" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Xbox release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
|GameZone||Mar 16, 2004||8.7 out of 10||87|
|Extreme Gamer||Mar 13, 2004||8.5 out of 10||85|
|IGN||Mar 05, 2004||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Next Level Gaming||Mar 09, 2004||84 out of 100||84|
|Game Over Online||Apr 21, 2004||83 out of 100||83|
|GamePro (US)||Mar 26, 2004||4 out of 5||80|
|GameSpot||Mar 09, 2004||7.6 out of 10||76|
|Jeuxvideo.com||May 17, 2004||14 out of 20||70|
|X-Power||Jun 07, 2004||6 out of 10||60|
|GameSpy||Mar 12, 2004||60|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|What's your excuse for not playing this NOW? >:(||14||PolloDiablo (16614)
Nov 26, 2008
Cancelled PortA GameCube version was already planned, but was cancelled because previous Midway titles sold poorly on the platform.
DevelopmentThe creatures and characters in The Suffering were designed by movie special effects master Stan Winston (designer of the Terminator exoskeleton, the Predator, the Alien Queen and the Jurassic Park dinos).
German versionThere are a number of changes in the German version:
- The making of feature and a trailer were removed.
- There are no mutilated humans to be found.
- Several cutscenes were cut. In some just the blood was removed, a few scenes are completely darkened out.
- In the PlayStation 2 version, an instrument of torture was removed from a dead guard.
- All swastikas were removed (this applies to every version except US)
Re-releaseThe PC version was released as freeware on September 25, 2008.
- Golden Joystick Awards
- 2004 - Runner-up to The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay as Unsung Hero Game of the Year
Related Web Sites