DescriptionLockdown is the third Rainbow Six game to appear on the consoles, this time with Red Storm Entertainment fully behind the wheel. Once again, you play as Domingo 'Ding' Chavez, leading a small commando team on black-ops missions. This time, however, the developer strays from the realistic squad-based action in favor of more arcadish gameplay. The main single player campaign is based around a dangerous virus and hostages. In certain missions, you play as sniper Dieter Weber, picking off terrorists from higher ground and providing cover while the team infiltrates the building.
The differences between the console versions are the number of missions and the availability of certain gadgets. There is an offline two-player, split-screen cooperative mode available (up to 4 over Xbox live) and full online multiplayer up to 16 players featuring traditional deathmatch, objective-based games and CTF modes, on Xbox and PS2. While the PS2 version includes a Rivalry mode, Xbox online multiplayer has an RPG element: the P.E.C. mode (Persistent Elite Creation). Before playing, you choose an avatar and a class with specific abilities (commando, engineer, spec op and medic). While playing, you earn credits and experience, which can be traded in for new weapons, items or amour. Gear regularly needs to be repaired, shown by the durability level, and experience can be used to assign skills points to abilities, individualizing your character.
There are no Xbox screenshots for this game.
- "彩虹六号：禁锢法则" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Rainbow 6: Lockdown" -- Informal name
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: Havok Vision Engine \ Vision \ Vulpine Vision
- Game with Creator's name
- Genre: Tactical shooter
- Middleware: FaceFX
- Physics Engine: Havok
- Rainbow Six series
- Tom Clancy licensees
There are no reviews for this game.
|Gamesmania.de||Oct 05, 2005||89 out of 100||89|
|Game Informer Magazine||Nov, 2005||8.5 out of 10||85|
|games xtreme||Sep 27, 2005||8.2 out of 10||82|
|MAN!AC||Aug, 2005||80 out of 100||80|
|Extreme Gamer||Sep 19, 2005||7.5 out of 10||75|
|GameSpy||Sep 14, 2005||70|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Sep 13, 2005||6 out of 10||60|
|X-Power||Oct 06, 2005||6 out of 10||60|
|Gamezine||Oct 10, 2005||10 out of 20||50|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Sep 08, 2005||10 out of 20||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaAn overview of the different multiplayer modes per platform:
- Cooperative missions (PS2, Xbox, GC): cooperative skirmish single-player missions.
- Cooperative terrorist hunt (PS2, Xbox, GC): play cooperatively through the entire campaign.
- Team Adversarial (PS2) / Team Survival (Xbox): Deathmatch between Team Rainbow versus the Mercenaries. The team with the most kills when time is up wins.
- Team Retrieval (PS2) / Retrieval (Xbox): Play as either Team Rainbow or the Mercenaries. The team to retrieve the most canister objects within the time limit wins.
- Total Conquest (Xbox): The team to capture and hold all three satellite transmitters for a short duration wins the round.
- Team Sharpshooter (Xbox): Team deathmatch with respawn. The team with the most kills when the time expires wins.
- Team Rivalry (PS2): Objective-based games between Team Rainbow and the Mercenaries, focusing on team play.
- Persistent Elite Creation (Xbox): RPG-like gameplay with classes, items, levels and skills.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.