DescriptionTony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 is the fourth game in Activision's skateboarding franchise.
The main feature of this game is it's redesigned career mode. When beginning a level, you have all the time in the world to skate around, perform tricks, get a feel for the level, without the hassel of any goals or time limits. When you're ready to attempt a goal, simply find a pro skater, talk to him, then receive the goal, similar to Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX. Goals are similar to the previous games, such as collect SKATE, get a certain amount of points, transfer over this and grind that. There are new goals, however, such as collecting the word COMBO while doing one big combo. Miss a trick, and goal fails. Once all regular goals are accomplished, you can attempt the Pro Goal, which is specific to each skater, and is extremely hard.
All the major skaters are here, including Tony Hawk, Bob Burnquist, Steve Caballero, Kareem Campbell, Rune Gilfberg, Eric Koston, Bucky Lasek, Bam Margera, Rodney Mullen, Chad Muska, Andrew Reynolds, Geoff Rowley, Elissa Steamer and Jamie Thomas.
The levels are been expanded and are huge. Some of the levels include a college campus, a shipyard, and the infamous prison complex Alcatraz.
For multiplayer, all the favorite modes are back, from Graffiti and Trick Attack to Horse and King Of The Hill. New modes include Capture The Flag and Combo Mambo. THPS4 also supports System Link play, but not XBox Live.
The PlayStation 2 version offers everything from the XBox version, but also has online play, utilizing either your own network adaptor or the official one. The PS2 version also features a one level demo of Shaun Murray's Pro Wakeboarder, which is not featured on any other version of the game.
- "托尼霍克职业滑板4" -- Chinese Title (Simplified)
- "THPS4" -- informal title
Part of the Following Groups
- Activision O2 brand games
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- PlayStation Platinum Range releases
- Tony Hawk skateboarding series
|Is it good?.......Yes it is.||ThE oNe (178)||unrated|
The Press Says
|Snackbar-Games.com||Jan 21, 2003||5 out of 5||100|
|4Players.de||Nov 25, 2002||92 out of 100||92|
|Gamesmania||Jan 15, 2003||91 out of 100||91|
|XboxAddict||Nov 21, 2003||90 out of 100||90|
|IGN||Oct 25, 2002||9 out of 10||90|
|Fragland.net||Mar 27, 2003||86 out of 100||86|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Nov 21, 2002||17 out of 20||85|
|Gaming Age||Oct 24, 2002||B+||83|
|Bordersdown||Nov, 2002||8 out of 10||80|
|Gamereactor (Sweden)||May 08, 2003||8 out of 10||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
BMX riderThe BMX rider featured in the Steve Caballero movie, is pro Bmx'er Rick Thorne, who is also featured in the Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX series.
GagsFor a bit of a laugh, go to the Carnival level and find the basketball booth in front of the clown and sneak round the back to see a carnie in a compromising situation with a goat!
ReferencesMuch like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, in which the well known Star Wars character Darth Maul made an appearance, Jango Fett makes a secret guest appearance for Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4, with a range of moves that use his jetpack and blasters.
SoundtrackThe full song list:
- AC/DC - "TNT"
- Aesop Rock - "Labor"
- Agent Orange - "Bloodstains"
- Avail - "Simple Song"
- Bouncing Souls - "Manthem"
- Delinquent Habits - "House of the Rising Drum"
- De La Soul - "Oodles of O's"
- Eyedea & Abilities - "Big Shots"
- Flogging Molly - "Drunken Lullabies"
- Gangstarr - "Mass Appeal"
- Goldfinger - "Spokesman"
- Haiku D'Etat - "Non Compos Mentis"
- Hot Water Music - "Freightliner"
- Iron Maiden - "The Number of the Beast"
- Jai Plus - "Bad Dreams"
- JFA - "Beach Blanket Bongout"
- Less Than Jake - "All My Best Friends Are Metalheads"
- Lootpack - "Whenimondamic"
- Muskabeatz - "Bodyrock" (featuring Biz Markie)
- Muskabeatz - "I'm a Star" (featuring Grandmaster Melle Mel)
- Muskabeatz - "Versus of Doom" (featuring Jeru the Damaja)
- Nebula - "Giant"
- N.W.A. - "Express Yourself"
- Public Enemy - "By the Time I Get to Arizona"
- Rocket from the Crypt - "Savoir Faire"
- Run-DMC - "My Adidas"
- Sex Pistols - "Anarchy in the UK"
- System of a Down - "Shimmy"
- The Cult - "Bad Fun"
- The Distillers - "Seneca Falls"
- The Faction - "Skate and Destroy"
- The Offspring - "Blackball"
- Toy Dolls - "Dig That Groove Baby"
- US Bombs - "Yer Country"
- Zeke - "Death Alley"
- 2002– Best GameCube Sports Game of the Year
- 2002 – Best GameCube Sports Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- 2002 – Best Xbox Sports Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- 2002 – #4 Best Xbox Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- 2002 – #5 Best GameCube Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- 2002 – #8 Best PS2 Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- 2002 – PS2 Game of the Year
- 2002 – Best PS2 Sports Game of the Year
- 2002 – Best Xbox Sports Game of the Year
- 2002 – Best GameCube Sports Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- The Legend at the Top of His Game (An Apple Games article about the Macintosh version of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4, with commentary being provided by Tony Hawk (August, 2003).)
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (Official Site - Neversoft)
- Wikipedia: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (Information about Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 at Wikipedia)
Neversoft THPS4 Team: