The Warriors (Xbox)

Written by  :  Ben Landes (5)
Written on  :  Oct 04, 2007
Platform  :  Xbox
Rating  :  4.71 Stars4.71 Stars4.71 Stars4.71 Stars4.71 Stars

read more reviews by Ben Landes

Summary

Massive levels, tons to do

The Good

The Warriors feels a lot like the movie, which is important. The levels are huge and there are a lot of extra goals to accomplish alongside of the regular missions. The characters are well fleshed-out and you get a chance to play as most of them. The gang follows your commands very well, and are more of a help than a lot of other games where you can "control" other people around you. I liked the old-school feel of NYC and the "no guns" policy of the game. There are a lot of weapons you can use, but guns are kept out of it, with a few exceptions. Nearly everything you can see in a level is accessible in some way. You can climb onto anything, go anywhere, beat up/mug anyone. The game is very violent and gritty, but it's a lot of fun.

The Bad

The bulk of the levels take place before the events in the movie. Once you finally get to the place where the game catches up to where the movie starts, things slow down a bit. The levels are fewer and farther between and with less to do. All the levels are still fun, and the game is one I've played a few different times, but the last four-five levels just aren't quite as good as the previous ones.

The Bottom Line

Highly addicting and a lot off fun. I find new things to do every time I play. The extras you can unlock are well worth the time it takes to complete the game. The un-lockable mini-game based on Double Dragon, but using Warriors characters and settings is great.