DescriptionThe hero of the Gothic saga has fulfilled his destiny and became King Robar III. Once he recklessly agreed to deliver a strange amulet for a blind lady, and from that moment on, his soul became corrupted. Now all the former hero can think about is power and conquest - but not for long, as a new hero has risen somewhere else...
ArcaniA: Gothic 4 is the successor to Gothic 3 and based upon the stories of the previous games, but does not continue it. It is a single-player, role-playing game with a "back-to-basics" approach, and features which have been slimmed down.
Taking place a decade later than the previous game, players take the role of a new hero whose motivation and goal is to destroy the forces who have massacred his loved ones.
Unlike other Gothic series games, the world map here is much smaller. Although each location can be explored fully, once at a new location there is no going back to a previous area. The plot is linear. Through the series of quests, the storyline progresses as each objective is reached, eliminating guesswork. There are no guilds or factions to align with, and no in-game morality code so the player doesn't need to worry about being thrown in jail for opening the wrong chest, stealing an item or killing someone. In addition, the amount of inventory items that can be carried has no cap.
There are three main classes (mage, ranger and warrior), skill trees and levelling up as experience increases. Battles are action-based. Choose to fight with ranged or melee weapons, or cast one of the three types of spells (fire, lightning or ice). Spells increase in strength in alignment with the player's levels. Gather plants and minerals to create potions and other items using a simplified crafting system. Upgrades to armour and weapons can be purchased with the gold amassed from fallen foes or quest rewards.
There are no Xbox 360 screenshots for this game.
There are 24 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "Готика 4: Аркания" -- Russian spelling
- "Gothic 4: Genesis" -- Working title
- "Gothic 4: Arcania" -- Working title
- "ArcaniA: A Gothic Tale" -- working title
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: Havok Vision Engine \ Vision \ Vulpine Vision
- Gothic series
- Middleware: SpeedTree
- Physics Engine: PhysX
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|Digital Chumps||Oct 25, 2010||7.6 out of 10||76|
|Game Captain||Oct 25, 2010||70 out of 100||70|
|GameFocus||Oct 22, 2010||7 out of 10||70|
|MS Xbox World||Oct 26, 2010||6 out of 10||60|
|Game Over Online||Nov 22, 2010||60 out of 100||60|
|Xbox World 360||Oct 21, 2010||6 out of 10||60|
|GameSpot||Oct 18, 2010||5 out of 10||50|
|Xbox Mag||Dec 07, 2010||10 out of 20||50|
|Entertainment Depot, The||Dec 12, 2010||5 out of 10||50|
|ActionTrip||Dec 03, 2010||4.9 out of 10||49|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Good gawd, someone kill this series already.||15||Indra is here (19677)
Apr 16, 2013
Working titlesArcaniA: Gothic 4 underwent quite some name changes during its development. Announced as anonymous sequel to Gothic 3 calling it Gothic 4 informally was a logical consequence. Though there have been four official announcements wreaking some confusion among the players. Here is a naming history:
- Aug 2007 Gothic 4: Genesis
- Apr 2008 Gothic 4: Arcania
- Sep 2008 ArcaniA: A Gothic Tale
- Mar 2010 ArcaniA: Gothic 4
Related Web Sites
- ArcaniA: Gothic 4 (Official website (English/German))
- ArcaniA: Gothic 4 (Product page on the Spellbound Entertainment website (English/German))
- Arcania: Gothic 4 - Game Guide and walkthrough (by Jacek "Stranger" Halas and posted on GamePressure.com)
- Arcania: Gothic 4 Hints from UHS (Strategy & solution guide by Stanley Dunigan for the Universal Hint System)
- Arcania: Gothic 4 Q&A (GameSpot Interview and First Impressions of the game (May 19, 2010))
- Arcania: Gothic 4 - Strategy and guide (Walkthrough on strategywiki.org)
- Arcania: Gothic 4 Walkthrough (XBOX 360, PS3, PC) Guide (posted on GamerFuzion.com (published Oct. 12, 2010))
- Arcania: Gothic 4 - Wikipedia (game information page in the open encyclopedia)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.