DescriptionAlthough called Battlefield 2, this is the first of the Battlefield series to pass over to console. Vehicles like the Humvees, tanks, APCs and helicopters all make it into the game although fixed wing aircraft are noticeable absent.
Multiplayer allows up to 24 players battle it out in a Conquest mode where you capture flags and maintain control of them until the enemy tickers run down, or Capture the Flag which is all out attack to get the enemy flag back to your own base. A single player campaign, which is story led, see's China and USA go up against each other in Kazakhstan. Throughout the single player campaign you switch between China and USA armies as you follow orders based on news reports which show both sides of the war giving you a view of how war is and how it's reported. The new Hot Swap feature allows you to jump into almost any other allied troop on the battlefield which saves loads of running and gets you into the best position for your next attack or defense.
There are no promo images for this game
- "战地2：现代战争" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "BF2:MC" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- Battlefield series
- Graphics Engine: RenderWare
- Middleware: Kynapse
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Tank: M1 Abrams
There are no reviews for the Xbox 360 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|4Players.de||Apr 30, 2006||82 out of 100||82|
|XGP Gaming||May 03, 2006||8.2 out of 10||82|
|GameDaily||Dec 14, 2006||8 out of 10||80|
|MS Xbox World||Mar 10, 2006||8 out of 10||80|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Apr 18, 2006||8 out of 10||80|
|Daily Game||May 08, 2006||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Apr 13, 2006||15 out of 20||75|
|GotNext||Jun 27, 2006||70|
|3DAvenue||Jul 21, 2006||60|
|Yiya||Aug 08, 2006||9 out of 15||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
DevelopmentBattlefield 2: Modern Combat is two games on one disc. The multiplayer game was made by DICE Stockholm whilst the single player was made by EAUK North West studios and designed at EAUK Chertsey. The game was then combined into the single players front end system. The change over can be seen when going into multiplayer in the form of a black screen with the word LOADING in the top left hand corner as the game changes renderer.
Electronic Arts logoBattlefield 2 Modern Combat was the first title to use the new EA logo in place of the obsolete EA Games logo.
IntroThe entire intro for the PS2 and Xbox versions were recorded using only 8 players (Barrie Tingle, Alan Dale, Mati Rehman, Richard Kansley, Barry Wallis, Dominic Pitcher, Colin Pratt, Johan Östman) and was not taken from a multiplayer game as it claims to be.
Due to re-recording of some scenes, it contains a few inconsistent scenes:
- When the MEC Engineer shoots at the DPV there is no vehicle when the rocket hits. This originally started as a sniper shooting the land mine seen in the previous scene. However Sniper shots didn't have the same dramatic impact as a rocket.
- The MEC Engineer on the tower changes to a US Sniper as he jumps off the tower.
Release delayAlthough first developed as a multiplayer-only game and slated for a Fall 2004 release, Electronic Arts delayed the game a full year to add a singleplayer mode in response to consumer feedback.
Information also contributed by Sciere.
Related Web Sites
- Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (Publisher's website)
- Wikipedia: Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (article in the open encyclopedia about the game)
- X360A achievement guide for Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (X360A's achievement guide for Battlefield 2: Modern Combat.)