DescriptionIt's the year 1941 and you are Lt. Henry Walker a young Navy Officer stationed at Pearl Harbor. You are late for duty and on route to your ship as the Japanese attack the harbor and sink it. Now you first help to defend the harbor and then take the fight all the way to the last Battle of the pacific around the Midway Islands.
You are limited to control the ships, subs and planes the game gives you in the single-player campaign but in multiplayer-matches you are free to jump into anything that moves and isn't currently occupied by another player. So it's yours to decide at anytime if you want to fly a plane, steer a cruiser or take the on the enemy under water with a submarine anytime you like. Since there are several kinds of ships from Torpedo Boats over Destroyers to Aircraft Carriers and planes like the F4F Wildcat or the SBD Dauntless you have different options and weapons at your disposal. On a Aircraft Carrier for example, which has only AA guns, you can build up squads of airplanes, assign targets and launch them. You can also go to the tactical map if you currently controlling a ship and assign formations, give out orders and so on. Or just jump into a vehicle and do everything yourself instead of letting the AI or the other players take care of it.
The single-player also features three different challenges, one for each type of vehicle. Each mission inside a challenge puts you in difficult situations you've to master. The first mission in the ship challenge for example gives you control over a Japanese Battleship which has been ambushed and needs to reach safety as US Destroyers advance at it's position.
There are no Xbox 360 screenshots for this game.
There are 28 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "中途島戰役" -- Taiwan spelling
- "Midway: Naval Battles" -- Working title
Part of the Following Groups
- Aircraft: A6M Zero
- Aircraft: F4F Wildcat
- Battlestations series
- Historical conflict: World War II
- Technology: amBX
- Theme: Submarine
There are no reviews for this game.
|Game Freaks 365||2007||8.7 out of 10||87|
|FileFactory Games / Gameworld Network||Mar 21, 2007||82 out of 100||82|
|Eurogamer.de||Feb 06, 2007||8 out of 10||80|
|GameZone||Feb 12, 2007||8 out of 10||80|
|Totally Gaming Network||Feb 15, 2007||8 out of 10||80|
|Pro-G||Feb 13, 2007||8 out of 10||80|
|4Players.de||Feb 02, 2007||79 out of 100||79|
|MS Xbox World||Mar 13, 2007||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Thunderbolt Games||Dec 27, 2007||6 out of 10||60|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Feb 09, 2007||11 out of 20||55|
There are currently no topics for this game.
DevelopmentIn November 2005, SCi exercised its contractual right to take over development of the game. They held a contact with MGE Software & Investment Limited, who subcontracted development to the now defunct Mithis Entertainment.
SCi was dissatisfied with MGE not meeting the milestones. According to SCi, MGE then demanded compensation and when none was forthcoming made an official complaint to the authorities in Budapest, relating to the ownership of intellectual property rights.
This lead to the founding of Eidos Hungary KFT, who finished the game.
WWII gamesFour development companies that released WWII-themed games in 2009, closed their doors in the second half of 2009 in a 4 months window:
- Velvet Assassin developer Replay Studios (Germany) in early August.
- Heroes Over Europe developer Transmission Games (ex IR Gurus, Australia) in October.
- Square Enix decided to close Battlestations: Midway developer Eidos Hungary also in October.
- EA closed The Saboteur developer Pandemic Studios (USA) in November.
Related Web Sites
- Battlestations fan site (This website is being run by game fans and contains mappacks and other resources you need to play online. Even the internet server is not running anymore you can still play this online using gameranger.)
- Battlestations Midway (Official Homepage)
- Battlestations: Midway (Product page on the publisher's website (Macintosh version))
- Developer Interview (Dec. 14, 2006) (CVG interviews Klaude Thomas, producer on Eidos's Battlestations: Midway.)
- Official Website (Mac) (The official product page for the Mac version of Battlestations: Midway on the publisher's website, which provides a series of trailers, information about both the US and Japanese naval vessels and air force machines present within the game, desktop wallpapers, a demo, game locations, purchasing information, and other such particulars.)
- One if By Air, Two if By Sea (An Apple Games article about the Mac version of Battlestations: Midway, with commentary provided by Producer Adam Lay (July, 2008).)
- X360A achievement guide for Battlestations: Midway (X360A's achievement guide for Battlestations: Midway)
Head of Studio: