DescriptionConan the Cimmerian, the hero of Robert E. Howard's books, is ready to destroy armies, wage sieges and even battle the ancient gods themselves. Conan's trusty sword will cleanse the earth of ancient evil, using a variety of bone-cleaving moves. He will go through deserts, fight on ships, in ancient catacombs, in palaces and everywhere will his sword triumph over his enemies.
Conan is a 3D action game that combines hack-and-slash combat with a pinch of puzzle-solving. Conan can use his bare fists, as well as a variety of one and two-handed weapons, shields, stationary bow turrets and elemental magic, but also interactive environment objects (like boxes and boulders), not to mention, spikes on the walls, to deal with evildoers. Blood and gore follow Conan, when he cleaves into enemy lines with such acrobatic moves as slicing enemy's head clean-off while jumping over him, or pile-diving an enemy into the ground with devastating results. Three weapon styles have over 100 deadly moves, each with its own gory animation. Bonus points can be collected by freeing hidden semi-nude slave women. Conan also has a long list of achievements for hardcore players to set as goals.
There are no Xbox 360 screenshots for this game.
Part of the Following Groups
- BPjS / BPjM indexed games
- Conan licensees
- Gameplay feature: Quick Time Events / QTEs
- Inspiration: Literature
- Physics Engine: Havok
- Protagonist: Barbarian
|In The Dark Land Of Hyborea, One Man Had No Equal....||MasterMegid (897)|
The Press Says
|Inside Hotwire 3D||2007||8.8 out of 10||88|
|Cheat Code Central||Nov 12, 2007||4 out of 5||80|
|Just RPG||Nov 25, 2007||78 out of 100||78|
|MS Xbox World||Nov 12, 2007||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Lawrence||Nov 27, 2007||7.4 out of 10||74|
|Gamesmania||Oct 10, 2007||71 out of 100||71|
|UOL Jogos||Nov 06, 2007||70|
|Game Informer Magazine||Nov, 2007||7 out of 10||70|
|Totally Gaming Network||Oct 25, 2007||6 out of 10||60|
|Gamereactor (Sweden)||Oct 08, 2007||5 out of 10||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
German versionIn the German version there are a multitude of changes:
- Reduced blood effects
- It is no longer possible to cut off limbs of enemies; the only exceptions are pterosaurs for which the splatter effects were reduced.
- Corpses disappear after a few seconds
- Ragdoll was removed for corpses
- Enemies no longer burn to death when using the fire attack
- Three moves which involve stabbing enemies are missing altogether
- Some corpses in the level decor were removed
- In the original version sharp objects likes pikes can be used to kill enemies by pushing them into it. Those were completely removed.
- All achievements related to cutting off limbs were removed. The gamerscore points were added to other achievements.
Related Web Sites
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for conan.)