New MobyGoal! We're aiming for 1,500 well documented Arcade games.

Crackdown 2 (Xbox 360)

2.1
Written by  :  Pixelspeech (955)
Written on  :  May 12, 2011
Rating  :  0.57 Stars0.57 Stars0.57 Stars0.57 Stars0.57 Stars

read more reviews by Pixelspeech

Summary

Can I have my time back?

The Good

The game is at least functional, there are little to no glitches I encountered without specifically looking for them and the game plays fluently.

I like how you train your attributes by using them, that works quite well. It at least makes a whole lot more sense than picking where you want to spend points in.

I didn't have to buy anything for this game because I borrowed it from my cousin, finished it into three days and then brought it back to him.

The Bad

If you look up repetition in the dictionary this game will most certainly be mentioned. There is nothing you have to do in this game, you won't have to do at least ten more times. Everything is based on grinding, it's like an RPG without a good story or anything else.

Climbing buildings is like a chore, you need to do it so often and there is no fun whatsoever. I instantly went for every agility orb I could see just to avoid having to jump so damn often.

There is just no challenge to be found anywhere in the game, alright it becomes hard after you leave the first island and suddenly every enemy has a turret or a rocket launcher in his hands, but if you are smart you just climb up the building before you arrive at the battleground, so you can take them by surprise.

There is just no story, honestly, this is a disgrace. You are given two tasks: Kill gangsters and kill zombies, there is a final showdown at the end which consists of more zombie-killing and then it ends with a pointless cliffhanger. There is no story told anywhere safe for the start and the ending. The same dialog is repeated every time and even when you get an original message it is still as predictable as the sun rising in the morning.

The Bottom Line

I am not even sure who I can recommend these games to. If you honestly think Skinner Box should be the only thing a game consists off and original ideas cause you unbelievable pain than you could give this game a try. Anybody else should stay FAR away from this pointless game.