7 out of 9 people found this review helpfulwrite a review of this game
read more reviews by John Marquart
read more reviews for this game
SummaryClear your calendar...
The Good1. Extended Gameplay. Yes, the main storyline is on the short side (esp. when compared to RPG classics such as FFVII). However, the side quests and faction quests provide 100+ hours of extended game play. As well, purchasing the 'Game of the Year Edition' provides the Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles extensions to further propel the main quest.
2. Graphics. Simply stated, the graphics are beautiful. It is no longer a monotonous burden to wander through the gaming wilderness.
3. Customization. The character customization is ridiculously expansive. If you don't fall under a pre-made design, simply create your own character.
4. Sound. The score is amazing.
The Bad1. Leveling. If you use (and abuse) the character's main skill sets, your character will level insanely fast...and so will the monsters. Good luck to those who prefer to use pure-magic characters.
2. Bugs. Yes, the 360 will lock up if played for 5+ hours. Save often. It is possible to jumble the quest lines. For instance, I forgot to ask for advancement following every quest in the fighter's guild story line and ended up not being able to be promoted to Master rank because of it. Tip: Buy the Prima Guide.
3. Addiction. This game is ridiculously addictive.
4. Oblivion Gates. There are too many of them and conquering them becomes a chore after closing 2 or 3.