Solomon's Key for the NES was released in Japan on this day in 1986.

Fallout: New Vegas - Old World Blues (Xbox 360)

4.4
Written by  :  Scott Monster (919)
Written on  :  Oct 02, 2012
Platform  :  Xbox 360
Rating  :  4.29 Stars4.29 Stars4.29 Stars4.29 Stars4.29 Stars
read more reviews by Scott Monster

Summary

More Linear than the Root Game but Fun.

The Good

In the beginning, You are introduced to group of scientists who have shed their bodies and now float in mobile brain capsules. Their quarrels are humorous and set the story. They need you to stop a nemesis who strongly resembles a verbose bad guy from an old movie. You've been recruited, despite your hideous human body.

While set in the style of New Vegas, You'll not be conversing with anyone bipedal in this adventure. Thats part of the fun. The humor is ratcheted up a bit as you see scientists in the Think Tank try to communicate with you.

When you start this game, they recommend that you are at least 15. This is because its a bit tougher than the Mojave desert. This is a good thing because the bad guys are smarter and tougher. You'll find yourself running and gunning a great deal more.

If you have been playing a diplomatic character, you're going to have a much harder time exploring the Big Mountain.

The shining point of the game is the various personalities you eventually encounter. My favorite is Muggy, with a very loud preoccupation.

Once you complete the primary mission, you can revisit Big Mountain any time you want to get weapons and to be treated for injuries for free.

The Bad

Since I loved New Vegas, I really enjoyed this game, but I wish I had more warning that it was a tougher shootout than the base game.

I also wish it was less linear and had more choices, like the root game. The graphics were not marginally improved for the game area.

The Bottom Line

I genuinely liked it. It was definitely in the spirit of Black Isles with its zany approach to missions and quests. The weapons were unique too.