Forums > Game Forums > Forza Motorsport 3 (Limited Collector's Edition) > Why not the normal Forza Motorsport 3.

beetle120 (2415) on 1/4/2010 4:57 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Why is there the Limited Collector's Edition and not the normal Forza Motorsport 3?

There should be rules about the order the games are added.

chirinea (47504) on 1/4/2010 5:13 AM · Permalink · Report

Because when entering a Limited Edition, GOTY, Collector's Edition and stuff like that the contributor is spared of the burden of entering a description. All you have to say is "this is a blabla edition of game X" and put a link to game X, waiting for someone to do the hard job of describing it.

beetle120 (2415) on 1/4/2010 11:57 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

It should be held off until the original game is entered. This is easy points and is just getting someone else to do the hard work (for the same points) and it highlights holes in the database. If I had it my way these Collector Editions would be removed and just be a additional information attached to the original game in a tree like structure like:

XXX game
|XXX game (Limited Edition)
|
XXX game (Collector's Edition)

and compilations would work the same way like:

Super Compilations Games
|XXX game
|
YYY game
|___ZZZ game

so in XXX game it would show under a new button with: (haven't thought of a name for the button yet)

<hr />

Special Editions:

XXX game (Limited Edition)
Contains:
• USB stick
• Etc..

XXX game (Collector's Edition)
Contains:
• Bonus Download code for new items
• Extra multiplayer level - Zombie Attack
• Etc...

Part of the following compilations:

• Super Compilations Games (with 2 other games)<br>
• Etc Game (with 1 other game)
<hr />

Foxhack (32102) on 1/5/2010 1:55 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start beetle120 wrote--]It should be held off until the original game is entered. This is easy points and is just getting someone else to do the hard work (for the same points) and it highlights holes in the database. If I had it my way these Collector Editions would be removed and just be a additional information attached to the original game in a tree like structure like:[/Q --end beetle120 wrote--]I resent that remark. I've added compilations and special editions before main entries because I don't -have- these games and therefore cannot write a proper description.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66274) on 1/5/2010 2:06 AM · Permalink · Report

And then there's the odd case of games that exist only in compilations 8)

Foxhack (32102) on 1/5/2010 3:30 AM · Permalink · Report

Yeah, but in those cases I feel it's best to describe the unique game first, and the other games second.

beetle120 (2415) on 1/5/2010 2:49 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Foxhack wrote--] [Q2 --start beetle120 wrote--]It should be held off until the original game is entered. This is easy points and is just getting someone else to do the hard work (for the same points) and it highlights holes in the database. If I had it my way these Collector Editions would be removed and just be a additional information attached to the original game in a tree like structure like: [/Q2 --end beetle120 wrote--]I resent that remark. I've added compilations and special editions before main entries because I don't -have- these games and therefore cannot write a proper description. [/Q --end Foxhack wrote--]

I thought it was MobyGames policy to have played the game before adding it to the database. Doesn't that apply to special editions and compilations?

Pseudo_Intellectual (66274) on 1/5/2010 2:58 AM · Permalink · Report

We don't always have the option, but it's a nice general guideline, to be sure.

Foxhack (32102) on 1/5/2010 3:28 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

It's preferred, but not required.

I've added compilations that I've seen in stores, or auctions, or researched online. I hadn't played many of the games in this game group when I added them to the site, for instance, but I already knew what they contained, so I went ahead. And later on, when I managed to get copies, I corrected the missing info.

Likewise, many special editions only differ when it comes to bonus content. And said bonus content is often described in detail in various sources, such as news posts, web sites, press releases, and so on.

As long as I have enough data to create an entry, I feel I can add it. And I try really hard to find everything I can, especially when it comes to Japanese compilations.

beetle120 (2415) on 1/5/2010 4:29 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Foxhack wrote--]It's preferred, but not required. [/Q --end Foxhack wrote--]

Sorry I didn't know that, my annoyance before is with people that have the original game but choose only to add just the special edition.

Btw: I'll have a crack at adding Forza 3 tonight, it would be my first modern game added.