Welcome to the Corleone family. After a life of small-time jobs and petty thefts, you've been accepted into America’s most famous criminal organization. Now in The Godfather™ The Game it’s up to you to carry out orders, earn respect, rise through the ranks, and make New York City your own. Play your cards right and you could even be running everything as the next, and most powerful, Don.
- Respect and consequences: Use your powers of loyalty and fear to earn respect throughout New York City.Decisions made in the game will have lasting consequences.
- Persistent world: Interact freely with other characters in the world. Depending on your needs and how you choose to play the game (with violence and intimidation, or respect and negotiation), the characters in the world remember you.
- Blackhand controls: Being a gangster has never felt so good! The analog control-based combat system gives you the freedom to execute punches, kicks, grabs, and even allow you to strangle an opponent. Pressure Point targeting helps lock on less lethal parts of an opponent’s body, so they’re still around to give information vital to you.
- Face of crime: Use the "MobFace" feature to create a new member of the Corleone family with your own tough, street-wise looks. Customize facial features and hair, suit up your created mobster in era clothing, and then lead him through the classic world of the novel and film.
- Citywide control: The Corleone's control of New York will be challenged by the four families from the fiction, including the Barzini Cuneo, Stracci, and Tattaglia families.
- Cinematic score: Academy Award winning composer Bill Conti and Emmy Award winning composer Ashley Irwin collaborated to create over 100 minutes of new music, in addition to the classic soundtrack from the film.
A story about family, respect and loyalty, The Godfathernovel by Mario Puzo and film by Paramount Pictures served as inspiration for the game. Join the Corleone family and earn respect through loyalty and fear as you rise through the ranks to become Don in a living, 1945-1955 New York City.
The Godfather™ The Game puts you at the centre of the action in one of history’s most revered cinematic masterpieces, allowing you to create yourself in the game. Choose your path as you rise from lowly outsider to envied and feared Don.
You'll have countless choices for solving the family’s problems with brutal violence, skilful diplomacy, or a cunning mixture of both. From mob hits and bank heists to drive-bys and extortion, step deep inside the Mafia world where intimidation and negotiation are your tickets to the top.
Use your powers of loyalty and fear to earn respect through interactions with characters in the world.Decisionswill have lasting consequences, just as it was in the mob underworld featured in The Godfather fiction.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (15837) on Jun 29, 2010.
- Wield the Power of the BlackHand
- Command Respect and Become the Don of Dons
- Join the War of the Five Families to Take Control of a Living NYC
- Rise to Power and Experience Unforgettable Moments From the Film
WELCOME TO THE FAMILY
Contributed by Big John WV (25494) on Feb 17, 2009.
EA Unleashes the Godfather The Don's Edition on Playstation 3 and the Godfather Blackhand Edition for the Nintendo WiiREDWOOD CITY, Calif., January 11, 2007– Electronic Arts and Paramount Digital Entertainment today announced two new versions of The Godfather; The Godfather® The Don’s Edition for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and The Godfather® Blackhand Edition for Nintendo’s Wii™ video game and entertainment system. The Godfather The Don’s Edition includes The Corleone Expansion Pack with new gameplay and missions while The Godfather Blackhand Edition gives an enhanced combat experience with motion-based Blackhand Control by integrating Nintendo’s innovative Wii controller. Take over the Big Apple in these fully interactive open-world games based on the classic film by Paramount Pictures and the critically-acclaimed book by Mario Puzo. The games are scheduled to ship in March 2007.
The Godfather The Don’s Edition for the PLAYSTATION 3 and The Godfather Blackhand Edition for Nintendo’s Wii offer brand new ways to go from Soldier to Don as you gain control of the streets of New York. Follow the path of an Enforcer or Operator; each with its own unique perks and abilities to earn. Now you can chat up specific characters to get the skinny on dirty cops, take down two additional revised compounds of rival Families, execute five new contract hits, and call in larger Corleone Hit Squads when the going gets tough. With The Godfather The Don’s Edition also having the new Shipyard and Rail yard transportation hubs to explore and exploit; your path to the head of La Cosa Nostra is wrought with all new perils and excitement.
The Godfather The Don’s Edition takes full advantage of the SIXAXIS™ controller for PLAYSTATION 3; manhandle your controller to manhandle your opponent. For improved, hyper-intuitive Blackhand Control in The Godfather Blackhand Edition, use gestures with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk to really beat down your opposition, or point directly at the screen using the Wii Remote for pinpoint firearm accuracy.
Contributed by rfox (114) on Feb 18, 2007.
WELCOME TO THE CORLEONE FAMILY...After a life of small-time jobs and petty theft, you've been accepted into America's most famous criminal organization. Now it's up to you to carry out orders, earn respect, rise through the ranks, and make New York City your own. Play your cards right and you could even be running everything as the next -- and most powerful -- Don.
A story about family, respect and loyalty, The Godfather™ novel by Mario Puzo and film by Paramount Pictures serve as inspiration for the game. Join the Corleone Family and earn respect through loyalty and fear, then work your way up to becoming Don in a living, 1945-1955 New York. The Godfather The Game puts you at the center of action in one of history's most revered cinematic masterpieces, allowing you to create yourself in the game, and then choose your path as you rise from lowly outsider to envied and feared Don.
Featuring non-linear action-adventure gameplay, The Godfather The Game offer you countless choices for solving the Family's problems with brutal violence, skillful diplomacy, or a cunning mix of both. From mob hits and bank heists to drive-bys and extortion, step deep inside the world of The Godfather -- where intimidation and negotiation are your tickets to the top. Use your powers of loyalty and fear to earn respect through interactions with characters in the world. The decisions you make have lasting consequences, just as it was in the mob underworld featured in The Godfather books and films.
The Godfather film from Paramount Pictures featured some of Hollywood's finest actors, and several have contributed to the game's development. All character likenesses from the movie are included, and lending their voices to add a dramatic and cinematic touch are the late Marlon Brando as Don Vito Corleone, James Caan as Sonny Corleone, and Robert Duvall as consigliere Tom Hagen.
* The World of The Godfather Experience a decade of violence in New York City from 1945-55.
* Classic Film Moments Non-linear action adventure gameplay with missions directly from the film plus original missions with characters from the fiction provide a new experience for all types of gamers.
* Put Yourself in The Godfather Create your own mobster and put yourself in the action of The Godfather.
* Respect and Consequences Use your powers of loyalty and fear to earn respect throughout New York City. The decisions you make will have lasting consequences.
* Persistent World Your character interacts freely with other characters in the world. Depending on your needs and how you choose to play--through violence and intimidation or respect and negotiation -- the characters remember your interactions with them. This in turn affects the outcome of the game.
* Compete for New York Your attempt to control the Corleone Family and all of New York will be challenged by the other four Families from the fiction: Tattaglia, Cuneo, Barzini, and Stracci.
* Improved Extortion New updates and improved merchant animations and responses add even more depth to the Extortion system. There are now more destructible objects in shops to smash and even throw to apply pressure. You can also look to exploit more weaknesses--for example, fear will increase in certain merchants when you’re backed by extra muscle, so bring along a crew member into their racket or shop to earn that Weak Spot bonus.
* Tougher Racket Trucks If you see a box truck on the streets, take aim at it with your firearm or try ramming it with your vehicle to stop it so you can retrieve the goods. But be cautious--these trucks are often heavily defended and the occupants won’t take kindly to you trying to steal their stuff. If you manage to interrogate the truck driver, he’ll give you the keys to the vehicle so you can return it to a Corleone location where you can bank the cargo. Take too long and the controlling Family will send vehicle chasers to take you down.
* New Xbox Live Features Many new features have been added to keep things fresh and interesting, including new rap sheet stats that track your performance, new Xbox Live achievements and a new Top Don ranking--see how you rank against all players worldwide!
* Improved Mob Wars The Godfather The Game for Xbox 360 puts the “war” in “mob warfare.” Warring mobsters hunt you down with brutal drive-bys and even set up roadblocks to try to take you out. Bomber specialists are also sent to bomb any and all businesses in your control.
* Keeping it Real Mark Winegardner, author of the novel The Godfather Returns, provided story editing and fiction insight.
These game features give a general description of the game.
Contributed by rfox (114) on Feb 18, 2007.
JOIN THE FAMILY AND BECOME THE GODFATHEREA and Paramount Pictures Delivers The Godfather The Game Beginning March 24th
Chertsey, UK, January 26, 2006 – Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced March 24th as the day The Godfather™ The Game videogame will be on store shelves in Europe and March 21st in North America. Developed by EA, the highly-anticipated open-world videogame is based on the critically-acclaimed book by Mario Puzo and the classic film by Paramount Pictures through a strategic licensing relationship with Viacom Consumer Products. In less than two months, gamers worldwide will step into the Don's dangerous world of intimidation and negotiation via their PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox® video game system from Microsoft or PC. The Godfather The Game will also be available for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system and PSP (PlayStation® Portable) handheld entertainment system later in 2006.
EA's The Godfather The Game puts you at the center of one of the world's most revered stories. In the role of a young man just entering the Corleone family, you create your own mob character and work your way to the top. For the first time ever, you will go beyond the films and book to actually step into the living world of The Godfather fiction throughout 1940s New York City. You will work your way up the mob ranks your own way, choosing just how much force to use as you rise to power. Relive classic moments from the fiction and experience open-world gameplay alongside unforgettable characters from the film such as Luca Brasi, Sonny, Tom Hagan, and of course, Don Vito Corleone himself.
"The Godfather is one of the most exciting, dramatic and memorable works of fiction in the world; for the videogame, we felt it was important to build a complex and responsive open-world that puts you in the heart of the action," said David DeMartini Executive Producer of The Godfather The Game. "The deeper you are into the experience the better the game gets," DeMartini added.
"Our goal has always been to maintain the legacy of The Godfather and empower players to interact in the world based on one of the most remarkable motion pictures of all time," said Sandi Isaacs, Vice President of Interactive at Viacom Consumer Products. "Electronic Arts has been an exceptional partner and we're incredibly excited to launch one of the most anticipated games of the year."
The Godfather The Game is being developed by EA Redwood Shores where such hit franchises as Lord of the Rings™, James Bond, and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® games are made. More information about the games are available at www.info.ea.com or the game's homepage at www.godfathergame.com. The game is rated M for Mature by the ESRB.
Contributed by Sciere (357810) on Apr 03, 2006.
EA MAKING OFFER GAMERS CAN'T REFUSE...THE GODFATHER VIDEO GAMEEA and Viacom Consumer Products Creating Game Based on The Godfather Fiction
Chertsey, UK. – February 2, 2005 – Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:ERTS) and Viacom Consumer Products today announced a videogame based on The Godfather™ fiction is under development and will put gamers at the center of the action in one of history's most revered masterpieces. The book by Mario Puzo and classic film by Paramount Pictures serve as inspiration for the game as gamers will join the Corleone family and earn respect through loyalty and fear as they rise through the ranks to become Don in a living 1945-1955 New York. The game is scheduled for release in fall 2005 under the EA GAMES brand for the Xbox® videogame system from Microsoft, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Sony PSP™ handheld entertainment system and PC.
Gamers will create their own mob character in the game, putting themselves into the action while reliving classic moments from the fiction and experiencing original missions alongside memorable characters from the film. After a life of small-time jobs and petty thefts the player will be accepted into the Corleone family, America's most famous criminal organization. It will be up to the player to carry out orders, earn respect and make New York City their own.
"We are incredibly excited and honored to have the opportunity to bring the fiction of The Godfather to life in a videogame," said David DeMartini, EA's Executive Producer of the game. "The Godfather movies raised the standard for cinematic achievement with their high level of drama and intense story telling and in fall 2005 gamers will be able to experience that dangerous and living world of The Godfather for themselves."
"We are thrilled to partner with Electronic Arts to bring this exceptional content into the interactive world," said Sandi Isaacs, Vice President of Interactive from Nickelodeon & Viacom Consumer Products. "The Godfather is a crown jewel of Paramount Pictures. We are confident this game will deliver the depth of the experience expected by The Godfather movie fans around the world."
Featuring non-linear action-adventure gameplay, The Godfather will offer gamers countless choices for solving the family's problems with brutal violence, skillful diplomacy, or a cunning mixture of both. From mob hits and bank heists to drive-bys and extortion, step deep inside the world of The Godfather where intimidation and negotiation are your tickets to the top. Players will use their powers of loyalty and fear to earn respect through interactions with characters in the world. Decisions made by the player in the game will have lasting consequences, just as it was in the mob underworld featured in The Godfather fiction.
The Godfather film featured some of Hollywood's finest actors and several are lending their likenesses and contributing to the game's development including James Caan as Sonny Corleone and Robert Duvall as consigliore Tom Hagen. Before his death, Marlon Brando granted his likeness rights to EA and conducted a voiceover session with the developers. His character, Don Vito Corleone, the Godfather, will be featured in the game.
The Godfather is being developed by EA Redwood Shores where such hit franchises as Lord of the Rings, James Bond, and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR games are made. The game has not yet been rated by PEGI.
Contributed by Sciere (357810) on Apr 03, 2006.