Grand Theft Auto IV (Xbox 360)

Written by  :  havoc of smeg (12454)
Written on  :  Dec 14, 2009
Platform  :  Xbox 360
Rating  :  4.57 Stars4.57 Stars4.57 Stars4.57 Stars4.57 Stars
read more reviews by havoc of smeg

Summary

A game of movie like proportions.

The Good

Were to begin?! In terms of story, GTA IV has got to have the best ever in a game, truly able to match anything Hollywood could churn out. What makes it even better is that it probably has one of THE best ensemble cast's of any game. Ever. And while the graphic's are not the complete bee's knee's, it certainly performs it jobs admirably.

And if the story can't keep you completely entertained, the radio station's do a brilliant job of helping out.Iggy Pop on Liberty Rock Radio alone is a hoot that will give you more than a few smiles. The other delight of the radio is the ever funny Weazel News segments. Real life parody at it's best!

The Bad

BIKES! ARRRRGGH!!! Who ever designed the handling of them deserves a punch, it is just so awful. All they do is remind you why bikes DON'T belong in games like this. Helicopters are slightly better, but I still dislike them.

The only other complaint that I would have us that adjusting the camera view while walking is a irritant. especially in combat.

The Bottom Line

In spite of a few niggling problems, this is just about one of the best game's out there that you can buy.