Halo Wars (Xbox 360)

Teen
3.1
Written by  :  Kyle Wolfe (4)
Written on  :  Jul 04, 2010
Rating  :  4.57 Stars4.57 Stars4.57 Stars4.57 Stars4.57 Stars

read more reviews by Kyle Wolfe

Summary

It is a good game. But it could be better

The Good

Well, I am a huge fan of the halo universe. So when I heard about halo wars, I was gonna get it right away. It has a great storyline that answers questions from Halo:combat evolved. It has an easy to adapt to control system, with amazing upgrades to your units. The skirmish option is very fun, and you will enjoy any character you select as your leader. The leader powers and special units are very helpful in the games multiplayer.

The Bad

Some levels of the campaign were very confusing. There was one level were you had to save three groups of marines. And the flood keeps reviving itself. Also, the campaign could have been longer. As well as the fact that multiplayer can be a little to long for your own good. The graphics were average, but they could have been better. Though you have to remember the camera is not focused on one unit at a time, so it is exceptional.

The Bottom Line

It was great if you like games of strategy, and it's very affordable. The flaws might seem bad, but you realize, who cares, the game is awesome. But if you are not into strategy then I would recommend do not buy this game. If you are a halo fan, u should give it a shot. If you do not like it, you could still pick it up for occasional gameplay. Or if you are planing on collecting the series, along with the books and comics it is a must have.