DescriptionLips: Number One Hits is the second game in the karaoke series and largely continues the ideas from the original Lips title, but with a fresh bunch of tracks. This title solely consists of songs (all master tracks) that have reached a number one position on the global charts. Players have to sing along with lyrics on the screen using a microphone to fill empty bars, along with pitch and timing lines to get it right, while a video plays in the background. Points are awarded based on accuracy. This builds a meter that can be used to unleash a Star Scream. When it's available you tilt the microphone and all lines are filled with stars. You can then fill them with your voice. The points are used for a levelling system along with medals that can be earned. Instead of the original video another type of visualization can be shown as well, and it is possible to reduce the vocals more. The menus have been overhauled, but the in-game mini-games are still identical.
There are Solo, VS and Co-op modes. While playing a second player can shake the microphone to hop in. The motion controls are also used when your avatar (or a silhouette if you have none) turns up in between verses. They show a motion such as moving their hands in the air or playing a guitar and you have to mimic it. The same has to be done when a tambourine or a maraca appears on the screen. You move the microphone as if you're playing the instrument. Players with a regular controller can still hop in and make noise that adds to the song or distracts other players. Importing custom songs through USB is also still supported.
Most of the DLC from the original game can be carried over and when a savegame for the original game is detected, the songs can be imported by swapping the disc. After every track the original disc needs to be reinserted however. The game comes bundled with a wireless, motion sensitive microphone and a redemption code to download a five-song pack for free from the Lips store.
The 40 songs included on the disc are:
- 2Pac feat. Dr. Dre and Roger Troutman - California Love
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Atomic Kitten - The Tide is High (Get the Feeling)
- Aqua - Barbie Girl
- Beck - Loser
- Black Eyed Peas - Don't Phunk With My Heart
- Blondie - Heart of Glass
- Bob Sinclar - Love Generation
- Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy
- Colbie Caillat - Bubbly
- Coldplay - Viva la Vida (also the game's theme song)
- Culture Club - Karma Chameleon
- Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died In Your Arms
- DJ Ötzi - Hey Baby
- Extreme - More Than Words
- Fergie - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Fine Young Cannibals - She Drives Me Crazy
- James Morrison feat. Nelly Furtado - Broken Strings
- Jason Mraz - I'm Yours
- Kanye West - Heartless
- Lady Gaga feat. Colby O'Donis - Just Dance
- Lily Allen - The Fear
- LL Cool J - Around The Way Girl
- Mariah Carey - Touch My Body
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through the Grapevine
- MC Hammer - U Can't Touch This
- Nickelback - How You Remind Me
- OneRepublic feat. Timbaland - Apologize
- Pet Shop Boys - Always On My Mind
- Rihanna - Disturbia
- Robbie Williams - Millennium
- Roxette - The Look
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancin
- Sugababes - Push the Button
- Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
- The Cardigans - Lovefool
- The Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah
- Tokio Hotel - Ready, Set, Go!
There are no Xbox 360 user screenshots for this game.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|Impulse Gamer||Nov, 2009||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Play.tm||Nov 03, 2009||78 out of 100||78|
|TeamXbox||Oct 23, 2009||7.6 out of 10||76|
|IGN||Oct 22, 2009||7.5 out of 10||75|
|GameFocus||Nov 05, 2009||7.2 out of 10||72|
|XGN||Nov 15, 2009||7 out of 10||70|
|GameZone||Nov 02, 2009||7 out of 10||70|
|Gameplayer.se||Oct 29, 2009||6 out of 10||60|
|Gaming Nexus||Nov 04, 2009||C+||58|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Nov 06, 2009||5 out of 10||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.