missing cover art
DescriptionLondon 2012 is the officially licensed game of the Olympic Games 2012 in London. However, the license only affects the locations, the athletes are fake. With the editor, names and the optical appearance can be changed.
The game features a variety of sports events (full list below), which play out as mini games. Each mini game type has different demands to the player, e.g. quick time events, punching a button as fast as possible, punching a button rhythmically or pressing a button at the correct time to trigger an action. In some disciplines, the player has limited control over the athlete's movements, e.g. table tennis or beach volleyball. In single player mode, the player starts in all disciplines with one nation, and in multiplayer mode there are a few rule adjustments.
The console versions support movement controls during multiplayer.
The disciplines are:
- Athletics (100m, 200m, 400m, 110m Hurdles, Javelin Throw, Shot Put, Discus Throw, Long Jump, Triple Jump)
- Shooting (25m Rapid Fire Pistol, Skeet)
- Archery (Archery Individual, Archery Team)
- Swimming (50m Freestyle, 100m Freestyle, 100m Backstroke, 100m Butterfly, 100m Breaststroke)
- Diving (3m Springboard, 3m Springboard Synchronised, 10m Platform, 10m Platform Synchronized)
- Gymnastics (Vault, Trampoline)
- Canoe Slalom (K1 Kayak Single)
- Cycling (Keirin)
- Table Tennis
- Beach Volleyball
- Rowing (Single Sculls)
There are no Xbox 360 screenshots for this game.
There are 1 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|The Video Game Critic||Aug 13, 2012||B+||83|
|4Players.de||Jun 29, 2012||71 out of 100||71|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.