DescriptionLumines Live! is the Xbox Live Arcade version of the popular PSP launch title, Lumines: Puzzle Fusion. The basic idea of the game is to shift and align 2x2 squares of colored tiles into a wide bin. When you create a square or rectangle 2x2 or larger of the same color, the panels will highlight. Any highlighted panels are cleared by a constantly sweeping line that passes from left to right across the game area. Clearing multiple panels in one sweep will earn you bonuses, but it will be game over if you reach the top of the bin and try to place another square on top.
During gameplay, the music will play according to the moves you make; such as square rotation, dropping squares, clearing tiles, and more. This gives the illusion of a blend of music and gameplay. Lumines Live! includes several different modes of play - some from the original Lumines, some new. Familiar modes include:
- Challenge Mode: Play an endless game, earning new skins as you progress.
- Skin Edit Mode: Play a short or endless game, choosing from one (or more) of your favorite previously unlocked skins from Challenge Mode.
- VS CPU Mode: Face off against the CPU in trying to claim the most play area.
- Time Attack Mode: Try to clear the most tiles in a set period of time.
- Puzzle Mode: Try to make specified shapes using the provided tiles.
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Xboxdynasty (XD)||Dec 30, 2007||8.7 out of 10||87|
|Digital Entertainment News (den)||Oct 26, 2006||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Game Over Online||Oct 27, 2006||85 out of 100||85|
|Deeko||Oct 23, 2006||8 out of 10||80|
|UOL Jogos||Oct 20, 2006||80|
|IGN||Oct 18, 2006||7.8 out of 10||78|
|Defunct Games||Nov 07, 2006||70 out of 100||70|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Oct 19, 2006||7 out of 10||70|
|GameSpot||Oct 18, 2006||6.6 out of 10||66|
|GotNext||Nov 13, 2006||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesLumines Live! appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
ControversyThe launch of Lumines Live! on the Xbox Live Marketplace caused some controversy. Although advertised as a full game at 1200 points, an additional advance pack, adding skins, puzzles, missions and CPU opponents, was announced right away for 600 points. All the game modes are present, but the missing content was not mentioned in the original description of the game. Microsoft soon changed the product page on xbox.com to clarify this. It is debatable however if the base version is worth 1200 points, or if Microsoft/Q Entertainment is squeezing more micro-payments out of gamers by providing intentionally "incomplete" releases.
- 2006 – Worst Couple of Bucks of the Year (together with The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion – Horse Armor Pack)
Related Web Sites
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for Lumines Live!)