DescriptionMidnight Club: Los Angeles is part of the Midnight Club series where this time around the player has free range of the City of Angels in a plethora of imports, tuners, American muscle cars and even motorcycles with a bevy of customizable options ranging from performance parts to appearance parts such as spoilers and rims.
The gameplay is similar to NFS: Most Wanted where players roam around the streets of L.A. and can race in illegal street events just by flashing their headlights at opposing cars. There are twelve different racing events to compete in:
- Circuit Races
- Unordered Races
- Freeway Races
- Time Trials
- Red Light Racer
- Series Races
- Wager Races
- Pinkslip Races
- Telephone Challenge
The main mode of the game is a story mode where the player takes control of a created racer, racing in an illegal racing circuit, earning money and "REP" to unlock and buy upgrades to finely tune their car. Players can also use these "REP" points to unlock and purchase more powerful cars.
There are also four different "attacks" the player can deploy during the race to either slow down opponents or completely stop them. Zone is a slow-motion option where the player can slow down time and use this to avoid oncoming traffic or police cars. Agro gives the player's car more strength with the ability to smash into opponents or completely disable them. Roar has a shock wave emanate from the player's car to push opposing cars and traffic to the side to create a path. EMP sends an electromagnetic pulse that will disable the engine of any opponent or pursuing police car.
There are no Xbox 360 user screenshots for this game.
There are 17 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "Midnight Club: LA" -- Informal name
- "ミッドナイトクラブ・ロサンゼルス" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Automobile: Audi A4
- Automobile: Chevrolet Camaro
- Automobile: Chevrolet Corvette
- Automobile: Chevrolet Impala
- Automobile: Dodge Challenger
- Automobile: Dodge Charger
- Automobile: Ford Focus
- Automobile: Ford GT
- Automobile: Ford Mustang
- Automobile: Lamborghini Gallardo
- Automobile: Lamborghini Miura
- Automobile: Lamborghini Murciélago
- Automobile: Mazda RX-7
- Automobile: Mazda RX-8
- Automobile: Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
- Automobile: Mitsubishi Eclipse
- Automobile: Mitsubishi GTO
- Automobile: Mitsubishi Lancer
- Automobile: Nissan 350Z
- Automobile: Nissan Skyline
- Automobile: Pontiac Firebird
- Automobile: Saleen S7
- Automobile: Volkswagen Golf
- Automobile: Volkswagen Scirocco
- Genre: Open world driving
- Midnight Club series
- Setting: City - Los Angeles
- Theme: Street racing
There are no reviews for this game.
|TeamXbox||Oct 20, 2008||8.9 out of 10||89|
|IGN Australia||Oct 21, 2008||8.9 out of 10||89|
|Game Freaks 365||Nov, 2008||8.3 out of 10||83|
|Good Game||Nov 03, 2008||8 out of 10||80|
|TotalVideoGames (TVG)||Oct 21, 2008||8 out of 10||80|
|Planet Xbox 360||Nov 12, 2008||7.8 out of 10||78|
|Gamer 2.0||Oct 27, 2008||7.6 out of 10||76|
|Gaming Nexus||Nov 03, 2008||B||75|
|Boomtown||Nov 03, 2008||7 out of 10||70|
|G4 TV: X-Play||Oct 30, 2008||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesMidnight Club: Los Angeles appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Related Web Sites
- Midnight Club Los Angeles Official Site (The official site for Midnight Club Los Angeles.)
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for Midnight Club: Los Angeles.)