The Outfit™ delivers explosive third person World War II combat to Xbox 360 through an epic story-driven campaign, complete with the freedom of total destruction. Accumulate Field Units (FUs) and utilize them to call in Destruction on Demand, choosing between an extensive array of troops, weapons, vehicles, and explosive strikes.
Experience fully destructible environments, large-scale explosive action, and extensive multiplayer online modes where you can play as the Allies or the Nazis.Choose from three playable squad leaders in single player and six inmultiplayer, with each possessing their own unique strengths, personalities, and abilities.
Lead a squad of battle-forged soldiers on missions ranging from reconnaissance and rescue to search and destroy.You have the freedom to shoot, blow up, or demolish anything in your path. Complete mission objectives and order "Destruction on Demand," air-dropped into the action at any time—everything from tanks, jeeps, half-tracks, and other combat vehicles to machinegun nests and anti-tank emplacements, or call in for squad reinforcements, air strikes, or artillery strikes.
- Explosive WWII combat: Experience the cinematic intensity of WWII combat through war-torn environments as you lead a squad of battle-forged soldiers behind enemy lines. Utilize an explosive arsenal of weapons including machine guns, bazookas, MG 42s, tanks, or half-track armoured vehicles—or move in for the kill with close-combat hand-to-hand battles.
- Freedom of total destruction:Featuring interactive and fully destructible environments, The Outfit™ gives you the freedom to shoot, blow up or demolish anything in the world. Destroy fences, walls, bridges, and buildings—virtually everything can be levelled in your battle against the Nazi forces.
- Choose between three playable squad leaders: Each has specific skills and abilities (like hand-to-hand combat expert, heavy arms specialist, or anti-tank specialist) as you lead a squad of battle-forged soldiers on a variety of combat missions. With automated squad A.I , your squad acts like a highly trained infantry unit that responds to your actions as well as dynamic battlefield situations—laying down suppressing or covering fire, taking cover, or rushing enemy positions.
- Destruction on Demand: As you progress through the game and complete mission objectives you earn action points that can be used on the fly to call in "Destruction on Demand" (D.O.D.) air-dropped into the action at any time. Everything is available from tanks, jeeps, half-tracks and other combat vehicles to machine gun nests and anti-tank emplacements. Alternatively, call for squad reinforcements, air strikes, or artillery bombardment on enemy targets.
- Multiplayer modes: Via Xbox Live® or split-screen, choose from a variety of cooperative and team-based Versus multiplayer modes.In Versus, up to eight players can battle it out simultaneously online or two players can go head-to-head on one machine using split screen mode.In Co-Op, two players can tackle the campaign mode as teammates, either online or split-screen. To keep the game fresh, download new content from Xbox Live Marketplace such as new maps, character skins, customized vehicle graphics, and a host of other content.
Added by havoc of smeg has abandoned ship (11118) on Oct 10, 2010
Back of Case (Canada/U.S.)
JOIN THE OUTFIT AND LEAD YOUR SQUAD BEHIND ENEMY LINES TO BATTLE THE NAZI WAR MACHINE
FREEDOM OF TOTAL DESTRUCTION
Shoot, blow up or demolish everything in your path!
DESTRUCTION ON DEMANDDESTRUCTION ON DEMAND
Airdrop reinforcements into the battle to instantly increase your firepower-from Tanks, Troops and Guns to Airstrikes and more.
INTENSE MULTIPLAYER ACTION
Co-op, Deathmatch, Strategic Victory, and an all-new Destruction Mode.
Added by JPaterson (9098) on Nov 04, 2006
"In war, truth is the first casualty." - Aeschylus
"Actually sometimes a guy who's in your way is the first casualty." - The Outfit
- Experience the freedom of total destruction - shoot, blow up or demolish anything in your path!
- Destruction On Demand(tm) - airdrop reinforcements into the battlefield to instantly increase your firepower.
- Intense multiplayer action - co-op, deathmatch, strategic victory and an all-new destruction mode.
Added by Spartan_234 (422) on Mar 18, 2006
Press release (7th March 2006)
The Outfit™ Takes Next-Gen Online Gaming to the Next Level With First Ever Pre-Launch Xbox 360™ Online Multiplayer DemoTHQ and Relic Entertainment Release Explosive Multiplayer Demo on Xbox Live® Marketplace and Announce Post-Launch Downloadable Content Strategy
AGOURA HILLS, Calif., March 6: THQ Inc. (Nasdaq: THQI) today announced that to promote the upcoming launch of The Outfit™, created by internal studio Relic Entertainment, the company is setting the standard for next-gen online gaming, offering the first pre-launch online multiplayer demo for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. The demo, available on Xbox Live® online game service free of charge, will allow consumers to experience one of The Outfit's intense multiplayer maps with up to eight people battling it out online over Xbox Live. Gamers can also download the multiplayer demo to their Xbox 360™ and go head-to-head with a friend via Split Screen. The Outfit, a WWII squad-based combat game, is scheduled to release for Xbox 360 on Tuesday, March 14, with a suggested retail price of $59.99.
In addition, THQ and Relic Entertainment announced plans today to develop and release downloadable content to The Outfit players post launch, utilizing the full potential of the Xbox Live Marketplace. The content, which will include a series of multiplayer map-packs, will allow gamers to continuously extend their entertainment experience. New multiplayer map-packs are scheduled to be release periodically over the next 12 months.
"More than 50 percent of Xbox 360 owners are playing games on Xbox Live and we expect online gaming to be a major factor in the next generation console cycle, both in terms of game content and publisher revenue, said Kelly Flock, executive vice president, Worldwide Publishing, THQ. "The online multiplayer demo for The Outfit and the downloadable content we are announcing today put us at the forefront of this new opportunity and is just the beginning of what gamers should expect from THQ."
"Xbox Live is continuously changing the way people think about games and entertainment and we are very excited to deliver the first ever pre-launch online multiplayer demo to Xbox Live members through THQ's The Outfit," said Peter Moore, Corporate Vice President, Interactive Entertainment Business, Entertainment and Devices Division, Microsoft Corporation.
"The Outfit utilizes the power of the Xbox 360 hardware and accessibility of the Marketplace to deliver a multiplayer experience that is all about chaotic battles with larger than life characters and an unmatched fun factor," said Ron Moravek, general manager, Relic Entertainment. "We can't wait for people to start downloading the demo and getting a taste of what the gaming press have been saying for weeks."
Press coverage of The Outfit multiplayer action illustrates the building excitement surrounding the title:
"The Outfit could very well be the Xbox 360's first great online game."
"A fascinating look into the future of online gaming ... a startlingly forward-looking title that is one of the most original we've seen in years."
- Game Pro
"The Destruction on Demand system is absolutely outrageous in multiplayer action. It seems as though there's an endless stream of cargo planes dropping stuff all over the map."
- Team Xbox
Added by Sciere (217510) on Mar 18, 2006
Press release (16th February 2006)
The Outfit Multiplayer Demo - Overview Summary:Overview:
Combining intense squad based combat with the freedom of total destruction - The Outfit takes players behind enemy lines to battle the Nazi War Machine.
In addition to an epic single player campaign - players will be able to battle it out via the game's multiplayer mode - choosing between a variety of Co-Op and Team-Based Multiplayer game types including Deathmatch, Destruction and Strategic Victory.
The Outfit multiplayer demo will provide the players of the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft with a great sample of the intense multiplayer experience (Strategic Victory) available in the final game - with up to 8 players battling to secure command points and strategic objectives throughout the map for their side.
Players will choose their side (Axis or Allies) - then choose between 3 playable squad leaders - each with their own skills and abilities, working together with other team-mates to win the match.
In addition to a variety of playable squad leaders, the Multiplayer Demo includes the game's unique Destruction on Demand™ feature - enabling players to call in reinforcements ranging from troops, tanks, guns and heavy artillery to air-strikes - into the battle to instantly increase their firepower.
Availability - Launch Date : 3rd March 2006 (via Xbox Live online gaming service) / OXM.
Announcement Date: February 15th, 2006
Demo Content: German version with the level of violence approved for all territories
Players/ Multiplayer Connection: Up to 8 Players via Xbox Live, or 2 Players (1vs1) via Split Screen
Languages: English with FIGS, Korean and Japanese sub-titles
Estimated File Size: 500 MB
Name: Estate Assault
Game Type: Strategic Victory
- After a coordinated offensive - Allied Command has commandeered a French villa just across the river from the Axis HQ.
- Choose your side (Allies or Axis) and squad leader to play (3 from either side; 6 total) and lead your squad into battle to destroy the enemy's HQ, while defending your own.
- Capture strategic points located throughout the map to earn Field Units (F.U.s) - that can be used on the fly to call in Destruction on Demand™ - air-dropped into the action at any time. Everything can be called in from tanks, jeeps and half-tracks to squad reinforcements, machine gun nests, anti-tank guns and even air-strikes on enemy positions.
Added by Sciere (217510) on Mar 18, 2006
Press release (4th October 2005)
The Outfit™ Deploys Destruction on Demand™ to Microsoft's X05THQ and Internal Studio Relic Entertainment Deliver WWII Action Complete With Extensive Multiplayer Options and the Freedom of Total Destruction
CALABASAS HILLS, Calif., Oct. 4 - THQ Inc. (Nasdaq: THQI) and award-winning internal development studio Relic Entertainment today announced that The Outfit™, an explosive third-person WWII title combining intense squad-based combat with the Freedom of Total Destruction, will be featured at Microsoft's X05 event held October 4 and 5 in Amsterdam. The convention will showcase highly-anticipated, upcoming releases for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, as well as key titles for the Xbox® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.
"THQ is committed to developing ground-breaking original titles for Xbox 360 and taking full advantage of the system's capabilities," said Kelly Flock, executive vice president of worldwide publishing, THQ. "The Outfit pushes the hardware to its limits and expands the genre significantly, combining an epic storyline with the freedom of total destruction to fully capture the cinematic intensity of war."
"More memory, more power, and better tools mean we can focus on a high definition experience that immerses players in the game at a more intense level than ever before," said Ron Moravek, general manager, Relic Entertainment. "Destruction on Demand and the Freedom of Total Destruction in The Outfit isn't something we could have done justice to on any system prior to Xbox 360."
The Outfit sets itself apart in three major ways from other action/shooter games on Xbox 360:
- Destruction on Demand - As players progress through the game and complete mission objectives, they'll earn field units (FUs) that can be used on the fly to call-in "Destruction on Demand" - weaponry air-dropped into the action at any time. Everything is available from tanks, jeeps, half-tracks and other combat vehicles to machinegun nests, anti-tank emplacements, squad reinforcements, air strikes and artillery strikes on enemy targets.
- Freedom of Total Destruction - Featuring interactive and fully destructible environments, The Outfit gives gamers the freedom to shoot, blow up or demolish anything in the world. Destroy buildings, bridges, walls and fences - everything in the world can be leveled in the player's battle against the Nazi forces.
- Choose Between Three Playable Squad Leaders - Each possesses specific skills and abilities (i.e. Close-combat specialist, Heavy-arms specialist or Anti-tank specialist.) Players will lead a squad of battle-forged soldiers on a variety of combat missions - ranging from reconnaissance and rescue to search and destroy. With automated squad AI, players' squad will act like a highly trained infantry unit that responds to actions as well as dynamic battlefield situations - laying down suppressing or covering fire, taking cover or rushing enemy positions.
For more information on The Outfit, please visit www.theoutfitgame.com or www.thq.com.
Added by Sciere (217510) on Mar 18, 2006
Press release (18th May 2005)
The OutfitTHQ and Relic Entertainment take explosive World War II combat to the next generation in an all new 3rd Person Action Game. Combining intense squad-based combat and easy to use strategic gameplay elements, The Outfit takes players behind enemy lines, battling the Nazi War Machine through a variety of combat missions.
Choose from three playable squad leader personalities – each with their own skills and abilities and lead two squads of battle-forged soldiers on missions ranging from reconnaissance and rescue to search and destroy. As you complete missions, you'll gain action points that can be used to upgrade your arsenal, acquire tanks and other vehicles, build machinegun nests and anti-tank emplacements or call for air or artillery strikes. Experience the cinematic intensity of WWII combat through 12 epic single-player missions or go online for a variety of multiplayer modes, including co-op.
- Choose Between Three Playable Squad Leaders - Each with specific skills for different strategies
- Explosive Battlefield Moments – Experience intense WWII combat through war-torn environments as you lead two squads behind enemy lines and take on the Nazi War Machine. Featuring advanced AI your squad mates will automatically seek cover and return fire and will follow your orders to assault tanks and enemy positions. Take on enemies with an explosive arsenal of WWII weapons and vehicles including Machine Guns, Bazookas, MG 42 Stationary Machine Guns, Tanks, Half-Tracks, Armored vehicles or move in for close combat hand-to-hand battles.
- Multi-Squad Tactics – Switch between two squads at any time. Strategically use your squads on different parts of the map to achieve multiple objectives or combine their strength to take out the most challenging objectives.
- Earn and Use Action Points – Capture strategic areas to gain action points and spend them on the fly to acquire upgraded weapons, driveable tanks, and fixed positions such as machine-gun nests, or to call in for air-strikes.
- Fully Interactive and Destructible Environments - Destroy buildings, bridges, emplacements, walls —anything—with real physics and damage modeling.
- Multiplayer Modes – Live! or Split Screen Online - choose from a variety of co-op and versus multiplayer modes
- Xbox 360 16:9, 720p HD and 5.1 Dolby compliant
Added by Sciere (217510) on Mar 18, 2006
Press release (16th May 2005)
THQ and Relic Entertainment Announce The Outfit™ for Xbox 360™CALABASAS HILLS, Calif., May 16: THQ Inc. (Nasdaq: THQI) and its award winning development studio Relic Entertainment today announced The Outfit™, an explosive squad-based action game for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Combining intense squad-based combat and easy to use strategic gameplay elements with the cinematic intensity of a blockbuster movie, The Outfit is a lethal combination of high action and strategy. Set within war ravaged Europe during World War II, the game takes players behind enemy lines, battling the Nazi War Machine through a variety of larger than life combat missions. Scheduled to release holiday 2005, the game will make its public debut at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) May 18-20 in THQ Booth #1046.
"The Outfit is a perfect example of a title that is only possible with Xbox 360 technology," said Jack Sorensen, executive vice president of worldwide studios, THQ. "Relic's unique brand of large-scale explosive action and field-level strategy easily differentiates The Outfit from any other war title released on any system to date."
"Visceral combat experiences have always been a big part of our games at Relic," said Ron Moravek, general manager, Relic Entertainment. "The team is having a blast creating a squad-based action game that allows us to incorporate some of the strategic elements we're best known for. Delivering this level of gameplay with surround-sound and high-definition capabilities means gamers can look forward to a new level of intensity on the battlegrounds of WWII."
The Outfit allows players the option to choose from three playable squad leader personalities, each with their own specific skills and abilities. With their squad leaders, players will guide two squads of battle-forged soldiers on missions ranging from reconnaissance-and-rescue to search-and-destroy across immensely destructible battlefields. Players can switch between squads at any time and can strategically use squads separately, in tandem or as one super-unit. By engaging in combat with the enemy, players will earn action points that can be used to upgrade their arsenal, order in tanks and many other vehicles, build machinegun nests and anti-tank emplacements or call for air or artillery strikes.
Because of the versatility of Xbox 360, players can experience the cinematic intensity of WWII combat through 12 epic single-player missions or go online with Xbox Live® for a variety of multiplayer modes, including co- op. Taking gaming to the next generation as an Xbox 360 title, The Outfit is high-definition (16:9, 720pHD) with 5.1 Dolby surround-sound.
For more information on The Outfit, please visit www.theoutfitgame.com, which will launch with the game's unveiling at E3 on May 18.
Added by Sciere (217510) on Mar 18, 2006