missing cover art
Launch PartyThere was a The Sims launch party in Singapore on June 2, 2009 that was open to anyone who had pre-ordered the game. There the coupons could be exchanged for the game itself and there were free T-shirts for the first 300 men and 300 women who attended.
SalesThe Sims 3 was the best-selling physical retail Mac/PC game in the United States in 2009, where it sold 1.4 million units in its first week of availability alone.
SoundtrackSteve Jablonsky recorded his score for The Sims 3 with a 40-piece string and woodwind orchestra, as well as choir, at the Newman Scoring Stage at 20th Century Fox.
- 2009 - Best Simulation in 2009 (Editor's Choice)
- 2009 - Best Simulation in 2009 (Reader's Choice)
- Game Informer
- June 2009 (issue 195) - PC Game of the Month
- 2009 - Best Strategy Game in 2009 (Editor's Choice)
- 2009 - Best Strategy Game in 2009 (Reader's Choice)
Contributed by Zeppin (8343) on Jun 14, 2009. [revised by : Cantillon (12935) and Patrick Bregger (98875)]. -- edit trivia